Help! Probably hopeless.

Blodwyn

Just Joined
Jun 24, 2022
Hi. We bought Synergie electric assisted bikes 14 years ago, then moved to France. We didn’t use them as much as we hoped as were busy with the house and then my husband was ill for a long time before he died. I kept the batteries indoors but found they had burst. Stupidly I let someone throw them away,
I’d like to get some exercise but can’t find new bike batteries. I showed a bike photo to a shop but they said bring the bill. 14 years and moving to a new country - surprise, I can’t find it! They were bought online but we closed that email account. The shop sells bikes at 1500 euros and I can’t afford that, also it’s a terrible waste to bin two little used bikes.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Show a bike pic and a pic of the bikes discharge connection that connected to the battery, we also need ot know the voltage 24 or 36v ?
The actual bike pic will confirm the battery type used and I'm pretty sure they use the generic behind the seat silver fish battery design. If so one can buy a pair of batteries for < £400 or a single < £200.
The old batteries would have used pouch li-po cells, modern batteries mostly now use safer cylindrical cells so the case is the same.

Last edited: