[problem] BionX Battery is acting weird

suhrm

Just Joined
Mar 4, 2012
hey. i have been using BionX's solution for about 5 month now. and if have run in to a problem with the battery.

my problem is that when i turn off the battery on the console it automatically turns on again even if the battery is not connected to the bike.

also the battery is making the beep noises as it would by pressing the on/off button on the console, and they come in certain intervals.

p.s. i live in Denmark and we have had a cold winter and the battery has therefore been critically discharge, but the problem came before that happened.

C

Cyclezee

Hi Suhrm,

Welcome to the forum.
I can't get my head around that problem, if the battery is disconnected from the bike, I assume mean it is also disconnected from the console?

I have had experience of BionX kits, but that one is beyond me.
Hopefully someone will come along soon with an answer.

Regards,

D

Deleted member 4366

hey. i have been using BionX's solution for about 5 month now. and if have run in to a problem with the battery.

my problem is that when i turn off the battery on the console it automatically turns on again even if the battery is not connected to the bike.

also the battery is making the beep noises as it would by pressing the on/off button on the console, and they come in certain intervals.

p.s. i live in Denmark and we have had a cold winter and the battery has therefore been critically discharge, but the problem came before that happened.
The battery is either disconnected or connected. It can't be both, so you need to explain what you mean a bit better.
You should try posting this question on the Endless-Sphere forum, where there's several guys that know about the Bionx system.
Endless-sphere.com • View forum - Electric Bicycles

suhrm

Just Joined
Mar 4, 2012
well you know when you use the console to turn off it stays off, but mine does not it automatically turns on again, while it is connected to the bike. But when it is disconnected it does the same thing.

C

Cyclezee

Hi Suhrm,

Hi again, it sounds there maye be a problem with the console. Is it possible that water or moisture may have got inside the case.
Have you tried removing the consloe and keeping it somewhere warm indoors for a few hours?
Also, if left unatended and swithed on does the power not automatically switch off after 10 minutes?

Regards,

JustB

Just Joined
Feb 15, 2021
I have the same problem as Suhrm. Had a ride through heavy rain. Now bike will switch on automatically. When battery is removed from the bike it beeps and the rear light blinks. Has the suggested drying of the console and battery resolved the problem?
Best, Bary

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I have the same problem as Suhrm. Had a ride through heavy rain. Now bike will switch on automatically. When battery is removed from the bike it beeps and the rear light blinks. Has the suggested drying of the console and battery resolved the problem?
Best, Bary
Is that a problem? I wish my bike worked without the battery.

As above, ask on Endless-sphere or the German pedelec forum, where there are guys that have good knowledge of the Bionx systems.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If riding in heavy rain then bike electronics need some protection from the elements, they are water resistant but not fallible.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Mine work without the battery but I have to try harder.