Woosh Question about Woosh ebikes

Kizza

Pedelecer
Oct 28, 2017
London
Can Woosh ebikes still be derestricted using the LCD display?

Specifically the Gran Camino.

Obviously I would never ride a derestricted bike unless on private land or if the law changes in the future. But if the law does change in the future, it would be handy to be able to do it.

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 33385

Can Woosh ebikes still be derestricted using the LCD display?

Specifically the Gran Camino.

Obviously I would never ride a derestricted bike unless on private land or if the law changes in the future. But if the law does change in the future, it would be handy to be able to do it.

Thanks.

If an ebike CAN be easily speed derestricted, doesn't that become problematic legally? Max speed on my Bafang can be adjusted within seconds, which makes any post-crash forensic examination potentialy problematic from a legal standpoint, depending on how many people the crash kills. Oh well.

Reactions: TedG

Kizza

Pedelecer
Oct 28, 2017
London
I know some manufacturers are making it a lot harder to derestrict.

Anybody know about the situation with Woosh?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hello Kizza,

sorry for the tardive reply. The position is explained on the 'Frequently Asked Questions' section on our home page:

https://wooshbikes.co.uk/?#faq

Can I derestrict your electric bikes?

No, it will void your warranty.
Also, if you derestrict your bike, you need to get it registered as an electric moped, attach a number plate, get a free tax disc, have it MOT'd, only ride it on roads (not cycle lanes or paths) and also wear a helmet.
If someone decides to report you for riding a derestricted bike on the roads without it being registered or without insurance and helmet, you will most likely lose your driving licence.
We don't make it impossible but we need your cooperation.

Reactions: Kizza