Wisper Rack setting problem

chrisbach

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 15, 2022
Bought my 806 nearly 2 years ago but due to personal problems only now starting to use it. Unfortunately I am late in discovering some problems.
The rack on my bike does not seem to have been installed properly as the battery pops out. Having looked the top is aligned but not the bottom. It feels in place as I cannot pull the battery out, but after a short ride the power goes off. I am finding this a bit dangerous. I wonder if a new rack and bracket is needed...

Attachments

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
The misalignment maybe due to how the battery case is attached to the rack (e.g. causing case distortion).

If it were me I'd remove the battery case from the bike rack and then see how well the battery fitted, and take the problem from there.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If having issues speak to Wisper about it, one will find them quite good at trying to help out.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

chrisbach

Sep 15, 2022
The misalignment maybe due to how the battery case is attached to the rack (e.g. causing case distortion).

If it were me I'd remove the battery case from the bike rack and then see how well the battery fitted, and take the problem from there.
Thanks. I'll see if I can tell how it is attached.

chrisbach

Sep 15, 2022
If having issues speak to Wisper about it, one will find them quite good at trying to help out.
I have emailed them now. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced the problem. I suspect it is a simple fix for someone familiar with it