Raleigh Motus GT

jasono

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2009
Leicestershire
After some deliberation I took the plunge and purchased an ex-demo Raleigh Motus GT from a local bike shop.

I was looking for a ebike to encourage me cycle more as after a lengthy cycling lay off its fair to say my fitness isn't what it was!

I have had the bike a couple of weeks now and thought I would share my experience thus far.

The Motus GT comes fully equipped with mudguards, lights, suspension seat post, etc. It is powered by a Bosch motor and in my case a 300kw battery.

The bike is nicely finished with a sort of chunky quality feel to it. It is abit hefty at 24+kgs but being a crank drive the centre of gravity is nice and low, giving the bike a balanced feel.

There are 4 levels of assist - I've only used Eco and Tour to date so cannot yet comment on the higher levels - delivering a smooth power assist.

I have done a few 8-10 mile rides across the Charnwood countryside - which is quite hilly for Leicestershire - and have been super impressed with the way the bike handles the inclines. The display and power controls are very clear and importantly very easy to use.

So has the bike encouraged me to cycle more? It's early days for sure, but so far it is a definite Yes!

I hope to update this review as time goes by and also add a few pics.

Ride safe,

Jason

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
After some deliberation I took the plunge and purchased an ex-demo Raleigh Motus GT from a local bike shop.

I was looking for a ebike to encourage me cycle more as after a lengthy cycling lay off its fair to say my fitness isn't what it was!

I have had the bike a couple of weeks now and thought I would share my experience thus far.

The Motus GT comes fully equipped with mudguards, lights, suspension seat post, etc. It is powered by a Bosch motor and in my case a 300kw battery.

The bike is nicely finished with a sort of chunky quality feel to it. It is abit hefty at 24+kgs but being a crank drive the centre of gravity is nice and low, giving the bike a balanced feel.

There are 4 levels of assist - I've only used Eco and Tour to date so cannot yet comment on the higher levels - delivering a smooth power assist.

I have done a few 8-10 mile rides across the Charnwood countryside - which is quite hilly for Leicestershire - and have been super impressed with the way the bike handles the inclines. The display and power controls are very clear and importantly very easy to use.

So has the bike encouraged me to cycle more? It's early days for sure, but so far it is a definite Yes!

I hope to update this review as time goes by and also add a few pics.

Ride safe,

Jason
Keep the forks chromed sections clean and oily, I have the same forks and the chrome is a weak point.

You may find the 300Wh battery a bit limiting as you ride further, but if yours is the external mounted type you might find a second battery secondhand for somewhat less than the new Bosch price.

Reactions: jasono