Raleigh Stow-e-way

Alex Sparrow

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 20, 2020
Hello everyone,

Thanks for accepting me into the forum. I am about to buy a folding e-bike to put in the garage of my motorhome. I test rode this (see link below) at the weekend and it seemed pretty good to me but I really don't know how to compare it. Does anyone have any advice on whether this is a good bike or not or can suggest alternatives (at a better price) please.
Many Thanks
Alex : )

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
The Raleigh Stow-E-Way is/was also sold as the Ebco F-25 (blue) and the Ebco Pulse (silver) with very minor detail changes. It no longer features in Ebco's 2020 catalogue, and all Ebco's older 2019 models lately appear to be discounted to clear.

Here's a dealer in Lincoln taking offers for their ex-demo Ebco Pulse version (listed at £1095):

Here's the 2019 Ebco F-25 version in blue: It has a fuller chainguard and a 230Wh battery (against a 260Wh in the current Raleigh). Ebco usually sell via local dealers, so may be worth enquiring/haggling with a few now it is (appears to be) discontinued?
Ebco F-25.png

I sat on (not rode) the Raleigh one when Raleigh were at the NEC Motorhome and Caravan Show last October... the specs/fittings/build seemed pretty fair to me for the price.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Quite expensive for what it is. Very small battery so range will be very limited, 'up to 50km' means well under 20 miles in normal conditions with some slight hills. May not be an issue for you.

Check with Woosh (http://wooshbikes.co.uk/). I think they may be about to get a new folding model. The http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?zephyr-b has better components, a much bigger battery and costs a bit less.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
If you can wait a few weeks, for your motorhome, the Rambletta could be a good candidate.
It has a 432WH battery (36V 12AH) against 240W on the Stow E-Way.

Most of the parts of the Rambletta arrive this Wednesday minus the battery, so we can't sell it until the battery arrives next month.

The Rambletta has front single shock suspension, suspension seat post, is comfortable for long distance, can be half folded or fully folded, supplied with fixed or folding pedals - quick and simple to put into a motorhome.
The price of the Rambletta is £849 including delivery.

Alex Sparrow

Jan 20, 2020
If you can wait a few weeks, for your motorhome, the Rambletta could be a good candidate.
It has a 432WH battery (36V 12AH) against 240W on the Stow E-Way.

Most of the parts of the Rambletta arrive this Wednesday minus the battery, so we can't sell it until the battery arrives next month.

The Rambletta has front single shock suspension, suspension seat post, is comfortable for long distance, can be half folded or fully folded, supplied with fixed or folding pedals - quick and simple to put into a motorhome.
The price of the Rambletta is £849 including delivery.

Hi there, thanks for the reply. When will the bikes be ready for shipping please? I'm not in a mad hurry but would be good to have them for early spring. Thanks

Alex Sparrow

Jan 20, 2020
The Raleigh Stow-E-Way is/was also sold as the Ebco F-25 (blue) and the Ebco Pulse (silver) with very minor detail changes. It no longer features in Ebco's 2020 catalogue, and all Ebco's older 2019 models lately appear to be discounted to clear.

Here's a dealer in Lincoln taking offers for their ex-demo Ebco Pulse version (listed at £1095):

Here's the 2019 Ebco F-25 version in blue: It has a fuller chainguard and a 230Wh battery (against a 260Wh in the current Raleigh). Ebco usually sell via local dealers, so may be worth enquiring/haggling with a few now it is (appears to be) discontinued?
View attachment 33729

I sat on (not rode) the Raleigh one when Raleigh were at the NEC Motorhome and Caravan Show last October... the specs/fittings/build seemed pretty fair to me for the price.
Thanks for the information, it's interesting. I'm going to take a look now :)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi there, thanks for the reply. When will the bikes be ready for shipping please? I'm not in a mad hurry but would be good to have them for early spring. Thanks
the batteries are on the OOCL Indonesia - due to dock in Felixstowe on 21st Feb.
We can ship as soon as we get the batteries.

Alex Sparrow

Jan 20, 2020
the batteries are on the OOCL Indonesia - due to dock in Felixstowe on 21st Feb.
We can ship as soon as we get the batteries.
Okay cool. I'll give you call this week. Whats the best number to call on and who should I ask for?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Okay cool. I'll give you call this week. Whats the best number to call on and who should I ask for?
01702 435566 - we're open from 10AM to 5PM.
You can talk to anyone, Andy or me (Tony). Hatti will be away for a long weekend, but best leave it until Thursday, after we unload the Ramblettas.