Woosh Rambletta stocks

hairyneville

Pedelecer
Feb 24, 2020
A question for Woosh. I know the Rambletta draws quite a bit of attention on here, so I'll ask here instead of by e-mail:

Is there any chance Rambletta stocks will come in sooner than October, as currently listed on the Woosh website?

I've finally got a job, though it's sadly only a 6 month fixed contract with pretty bad hourly wages. Fortunately it's with the local town council about 2 miles away and involves work on different sites, some of which are unfortunately on opposite sides of the river valley...

I'm planning to use my old non-electric Gary Fisher 9-speed at first and then invest in the Rambletta ahead of winter, which will also future-proof my investment in the event that I later get a job requiring use of public transport for part of the journey - but given my current flabby condition I'm really hoping stocks of the Rambletta will come in before October! :D

Shall I send an e-mail to put my name on the list?

PP100

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2020
Doubt this has changed from last Saturday but Whoosh can confirm:
Hatti decided to delay it.
We are working flat out to clear the backlog on kits, still doing mainly kits, only two thirds through the backlog.
I now have to work Saturday morning.
I only started on assembling the Caminos yesterday.
Hatti decided to delay the Ramblettas 3 weeks for us to catch up. They will be here beginning of October.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
we build Caminos in August, Santana3 in September, Rambla and Rambletta in October.
Hopefully we'll get back to normality next year.

Reactions: Grebacwhite

hairyneville

Pedelecer
Feb 24, 2020
Thanks to Woosh and PP100 for getting back to me.

Are Woosh still accepting orders for the Rambletta? I'd like to get my name on the list if possible with the sincere hope of getting one before the temperatures drop too much for my poor old knees!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
yes, we still take reservations via the online shop and telephone.
The online shop is better for us really because we have your email address, it's easier for us to communicate, plan ahead and to allocate a build slot. We can email you instead of ringing you up two weeks-10 days before to ask if you still want the bike.
We never need any deposit payment. You pay only when it's ready.

hairyneville

Pedelecer
Feb 24, 2020
yes, we still take reservations via the online shop and telephone.
The online shop is better for us really because we have your email address, it's easier for us to communicate, plan ahead and to allocate a build slot. We can email you instead of ringing you up two weeks-10 days before to ask if you still want the bike.
We never need any deposit payment. You pay only when it's ready.
Thanks for confirming that. I'll get an order put in through the online shop and keep my fingers crossed that the cycle-building fairies favour you with a visit before October! (This is from someone who has worked in gardening roles at schools, where teachers returning from spring/summer/autumn/Christmas breaks have always asked me what I did on my holiday at the same time as expressing wonder that the gardens look like someone has been working on them over the holidays...)

hairyneville

Pedelecer
Feb 24, 2020
One final question before I leave you in peace!

During one of my previous e-bike hunts earlier in the year (pre-Covid, I think), you mentioned future iterations of the Rambletta would have front and rear disc brakes. Will the bikes you'll be building in October have this specification?

Thanks again!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the Rambletta in October will have front disc brakes, rear V-brakes, 8-speed 11T-44T revoshift, soft grips, thumb throttle and a wide comfy saddle.