Recently Seen Movies

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I don't know much about autism. I notice (first episode) that the gut trouble many autistic people suffer from doesn't feature at all. I suppose it's not a symptom glamorous enough to mention in that kind of TV show. I read in an article recently, that counting continuously helps some autistic people remain clam.
extraordinary attorney Wu, develops the autism awareness brilliantly over successive episodes..and how it affects everyone around the sufferer..it is well worth persevering with it. On one level it's almost Ally McBeal legal soap opera , but there are depths which that crass show could never achieve.

Reactions: guerney

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
At the risk of annoying the censors .. is it a case of there is F All reason for living?.
Well there is having a lovely voice (castrato, eternal choir boy)?
Edit - and, speaking as someone who's about to go through a divorce following infidelity, that there may be something to be said for it not being, in an unqualified sense, better to have loved and lost, for the survival of the species and the whole relationships as part of self actualisation malarkey being a mugs game?

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Edit - and, speaking as someone who's about to go through a divorce following infidelity, that there may be something to be said for it not being, in an unqualified sense, better to have loved and lost, for the survival of the species and the whole relationships as part of self actualisation malarkey being a mugs game?
Blimey, what's happened exactly? I must have details, many many details in minute detail.

It's very sad news to hear. I expect it'll be a rough road ahead for all concerned. Plenty more fish in the sea at the end and along the way. Younger fitter fish ;) My gas engineer gave me some great tips for Tinder - his missus cheated on him and he went completely bonkers meting out shagging revenge upon the female gender for years. He's calmed down a bit and settled for now. They deleted the app together, eventually.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
At the risk of annoying the censors .. is it a case of there is F All reason for living?.
I could castrate my twin brother and ask? It's ok, I hate him.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
extraordinary attorney Wu, develops the autism awareness brilliantly over successive episodes..and how it affects everyone around the sufferer..it is well worth persevering with it. On one level it's almost Ally McBeal legal soap opera , but there are depths which that crass show could never achieve.
Ms Woo didn't have any bowel trouble in episode 2 either, but someone else did - I'm glad they shoehorned mention of this common autism symptom in somewhere. I recognised Guanyin immediately, there were Sperm whale faeces details. She made far less eye contact, more believable was her performance in that respect. I may rest it there for a time. Korean women are gorgeous, just wish I didn't know about dog meat snacks, which are like Walker's crisps over there. I very much disapprove of farming octopuses too - yet another pain-dense acrapalypse pandemic incubator, and a very unnecessary one. Besides, they look wobbly and taste rubbery and horrible on pizza and I really don't see the point.

She seems far too high functioning emotionally. Very mild autism, in my non-medical opinion.

Last edited:

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Blimey, what's happened exactly? I must have details, many many details in minute detail.

It's very sad news to hear. I expect it'll be a rough road ahead for all concerned. Plenty more fish in the sea at the end and along the way. Younger fitter fish ;) My gas engineer gave me some great tips for Tinder - his missus cheated on him and he went completely bonkers meting out shagging revenge upon the female gender for years. He's calmed down a bit and settled for now. They deleted the app together, eventually.
Tricky, clearly I have a blighted view of the female psyche at the moment (seems, mainly, fuelled by narcissism, self interest), in a nutshell someone wealthier younger with significantly more social kudos came along. Nothing like digesting that on top of a pre-existing middle aged empasse. Unfortunately shagging revenge isn't quite my thing, feeling increasingly detached is. Still, there is that healthy rock cake, the corronation to look forward to. How's things on your end?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Tricky, clearly I have a blighted view of the female psyche at the moment (seems, mainly, fuelled by narcissism, self interest), in a nutshell someone wealthier younger with significantly more social kudos came along. Nothing like digesting that on top of a pre-existing middle aged empasse. Unfortunately shagging revenge isn't quite my thing, feeling increasingly detached is. Still, there is that healthy rock cake, the corronation to look forward to. How's things on your end?
Hey it's her loss, not yours. You risk being grumpy and alone for years, unless you get over someone by getting on someone else. The best strategy according to my gas engineer is maximising your options by:

1. Swiping right on as many as possible to maximise your shagging potential while:

2. Doing so in many different but accessible areas to your own, and never in your own - he ended up servicing the gas boiler of a Tinderer chick he'd ghosted. It all got very awkward when she brought it up, and she gave him a very bad review. :D

3. Like any sales situation, move it from text to phone conversation ASAP, then to a coffee shop meet ASAP. Proceed from there...

4. Get to bed ASAP (may require dinner, but quite often not).

A surprising number of Tinder users are married.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Hey it's her loss, not yours. You risk being grumpy and alone for years, unless you get over someone by getting on someone else. The best strategy according to my gas engineer is maximising your options by:

1. Swiping right on as many as possible to maximise your shagging potential while:

2. Doing so in many different but accessible areas to your own, and never in your own - he ended up servicing the gas boiler of a Tinderer chick he'd ghosted. It all got very awkward when she brought it up, and she gave him a very bad review. :D

3. Like any sales situation, move it from text to phone conversation ASAP, then to a coffee shop meet ASAP. Proceed from there...

4. Get to bed ASAP (may require dinner, but quite often not).

A surprising number of Tinder users are married.
Thanks for the support, I get where you're coming from, life can seem a dilemma of being alone or being in "the mess" as a kleinian analyst I know (who, like your gas engineer, dont believe theres an alternative) often say. But I decided to find another way to get back into the madding crowd, which may well be narcissistic, which is to do more work (including charity work with london's homeless, who, on some visceral level, I truly resonate with). So far it seems to work (was shooting pool with some rough sleepers in a shelter last night, there are, truly, some diamonds in the rough amongst them). And none of them mentioned the inbred German celebrity family's attempt to bury their sins.

Reactions: flecc and guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
charity work with london's homeless, who, on some visceral level, I truly resonate with
Deffo avoid too much resonating - divorce has caused much homelessness among men. I've seen some right messes.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Deffo avoid too much resonating - divorce has caused much homelessness among men. I've seen some right messes.
Not sure, in the spirit of remaining on topic, it brings to mind solaris, or matrixe's red and blue pill cliche. Was thinking about George Clooney's badly acted but well conceived solaris yesterday, the idea of trying to work out what's real. At least with the homeless there isn't (in the charity work i do, in a shelter, sponsored, removed from their reality of scrounging a living) the layer of pretence, fiction created by a not so hidden financial transaction. It can make it all feel refreshingly human, authentic, real.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Not sure, in the spirit of remaining on topic, it brings to mind solaris, or matrixe's red and blue pill cliche. Was thinking about George Clooney's badly acted but well conceived solaris yesterday, the idea of trying to work out what's real. At least with the homeless there isn't (in the charity work i do, in a shelter, sponsored, removed from their reality of scrounging a living) the layer of pretence, fiction created by a not so hidden financial transaction. It can make it all feel refreshingly human, authentic, real.
I've been meaning to read the translated book for years... first in paperback... then it ended up on my e-reader, in my "TO READ!" folder... and I still haven't got around to it. You'll no doubt retch given the subject matter, but I recently thoroughly enjoyed Zeffirelli's (suddenly controversial) Romeo and Juliet.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
  • Informative

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

guerney