Replacement battery

DJG

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2020
I am looking for a MiRider /onebot replacement battery, the battery has 5 terminals but all the battery packs to fit inside the case have 4 why is this and where can I find the right battery for the bike?

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
I am looking for a MiRider /onebot replacement battery, the battery has 5 terminals but all the battery packs to fit inside the case have 4 why is this and where can I find the right battery for the bike?
That may be because MiRider take a one-bot and change a lot of it, including motor/wheels, the electronics (KT controller/display) and use higher capacity cells in their battery... this latter may even be made to their own specification. If I were being cynical, I'd suggest it's in MiRiders own interests to stop you using an ebay/cheapo/onebot replacement.

A MiRider rep has been here on the form before; maybe he can comment?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Buy a standard battery and swap over the cell-packs, or buy just the cell-pack. You only have to attach four wires - probably 10 minutes work. If you're unsure about this and need advice, open up the battery and show us what's inside.

DJG

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2020
Buy a standard battery and swap over the cell-packs, or buy just the cell-pack. You only have to attach four wires - probably 10 minutes work. If you're unsure about this and need advice, open up the battery and show us what's inside.
This is the pack inside and has 5 wires, all the packs I have seen have 4 wires and are bigger and would not fit in the case.

Attachments

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
This is the pack inside and has 5 wires, all the packs I have seen have 4 wires and are bigger and would not fit in the case.
Measure the voltage on that thinner red wire. It might be just for lights, battery level LEDs or something like that.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Its 42 volts
That's just a branch off the main one then, so you can wire those two pins together. Likewise, the thin black next to it can be wired to the main ground.

If your battery is scrap, you can peel back the blue covering and see how those wires are connected to the BMS.

Normally, you get C- for charge negative switched by BMS, B- for cell-pack negative; B+ for cell-pack positive; P- for power negative switched by BMS. Sometimes you get a P+ for battery positive, which is sometimes needed by the BMS, but often just used as an anchor point to take any other positives from. Occasionally, there are two additional wires for a battery switch that manually switches on/off the BMS. Finally, some batteries have one-way or 2-way comms, so one or two extra wires, which are normally quite thin and not black or red, like yellow, green or white.

DJG

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2020
Thanks for the information, all I need to do now is find a battery pack that I can fit into the case, the battery is still working but goes flat quite quickly.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Thanks for the information, all I need to do now is find a battery pack that I can fit into the case, the battery is still working but goes flat quite quickly.
Measure the dimensions of the cell-pack.

There are some on Ebay, but some of them are bad.

Advertisers