Replacing 7 years old Freego Eagle

Nick Langley

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 8, 2014
After a "road incident" the time has come to retire my Eagle and look for a replacement.

I have been very happy with the Eagle though it is quite heavy and I assume that there have been improvements since mine came off the production line.

I use the bike for short journeys (10-15 miles max) on urban roads so I am not looking for anything with off-road capabilities.

My budget is up-to £2000, but having a 16Ah battery which is only eighteen months old is a factor in my considerations.

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
After a "road incident" the time has come to retire my Eagle and look for a replacement.

I have been very happy with the Eagle though it is quite heavy and I assume that there have been improvements since mine came off the production line.

I use the bike for short journeys (10-15 miles max) on urban roads so I am not looking for anything with off-road capabilities.

My budget is up-to £2000, but having a 16Ah battery which is only eighteen months old is a factor in my considerations.
Hi nick just replaced my 6year old Eagle with an Oxygen ST Cross,and it really is great for what you are requiring. As you say the Eagle is a good bike but a bit heavy and difficult to use without power. I am now finding that I do a lot more unassisted riding which with 13a battery gives me ample range. Worth a try. Of course there are many other great bikes which will benefit from a trial. Some of the imported Chines bikes are going to be rising in price due to EU tariffs so may be a good idea to move quickly

• Agree
Reactions: Topdog206

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire

Your existing battery should be compatible with a few brands. Why not keep that and buy a bike without a battery?

Solarstorm

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 22, 2018
Do you have any preference for a torque (the more pressure you put on the peddles the more the motor gives) for a more natural feeling or just a cadace system where the motor cuts in more based on the assist level you have set (and how fast you peddle)?

Test rode quite a few of both types recently all a bit under your budget and found the experience quite different. While everyone has different preferences, I liked the Wisper Torque models (comfortable with a good level of assistance), Juicy's Roller (very natural feeling, but not enough assistance for me in my current fatigued state), and the Oxygen Cross (fun to ride).