Riese & Müller Delite Rohloff HS

ebikesva

Just Joined
Jan 8, 2019
Hi.

I've been looking at Riese & Muller for quite some time. I've tested a Delite and a Charger and I did like them both quite a lot. In the country where I live, you can get a 25 kph or a 45 kph version, and I want the high speed one. To me, the 25kph version seems awesome until you hit the speedlimit, and then it feels like you have all this power available, but your brake is dragging.

I like the overengineered german Riese & Müller. Same thing with the Rohloff IGH. Most eBikes are expensive as hell, so even though this is way more expensive, I want the top of the line, if I am dishing out this kind of cash for a bike.

I like the full suspension of the Delite. I am thinking about comfort when speeding down the roads with 45 kph, but I don't know if full susp is overkill. The Supercharger is also nice, but doesn't have full suspension. What I really like about the full suspension, is that if I put a child seat (and cruise a lower speeds), my child would get the benefit of the suspension too. On the other side, the Supercharger has the in-frame powertubes, where the Delite just have those kind of ugly batteries attached to the frame.

My colleague just bought a Stromer without any suspension at all. It doesn't even have a carbon fork, which I suspect will give him numb hands after about 30-40 km. But time will tell.

What are you guys' comments about my thoughts? I have a carbon roadbike that I use to go to work on nice weather days. I can go with an average speed of 30-35 kph depending on winds, hills, stoplights etc. I might be able to go a little bit faster on an eBike, but It probably wont cut the time that much.

Any considerations will be appreciated. Thanks.

D

Deleted member 128

Hi.

I've been looking at Riese & Muller for quite some time. I've tested a Delite and a Charger and I did like them both quite a lot. In the country where I live, you can get a 25 kph or a 45 kph version, and I want the high speed one. To me, the 25kph version seems awesome until you hit the speedlimit, and then it feels like you have all this power available, but your brake is dragging.

I like the overengineered german Riese & Müller. Same thing with the Rohloff IGH. Most eBikes are expensive as hell, so even though this is way more expensive, I want the top of the line, if I am dishing out this kind of cash for a bike.

I like the full suspension of the Delite. I am thinking about comfort when speeding down the roads with 45 kph, but I don't know if full susp is overkill. The Supercharger is also nice, but doesn't have full suspension. What I really like about the full suspension, is that if I put a child seat (and cruise a lower speeds), my child would get the benefit of the suspension too. On the other side, the Supercharger has the in-frame powertubes, where the Delite just have those kind of ugly batteries attached to the frame.

My colleague just bought a Stromer without any suspension at all. It doesn't even have a carbon fork, which I suspect will give him numb hands after about 30-40 km. But time will tell.

What are you guys' comments about my thoughts? I have a carbon roadbike that I use to go to work on nice weather days. I can go with an average speed of 30-35 kph depending on winds, hills, stoplights etc. I might be able to go a little bit faster on an eBike, but It probably wont cut the time that much.

Any considerations will be appreciated. Thanks.
Have you considered how you would attach a child seat on a full suspension bike?

D

Deleted member 128

Yes, the R&M Delite has a rack that accomodates a child seat.
Ah yes, that looks neat. Did you find the Delite significantly more comfortable than the Charger when you had your test rides?

ebikesva

Just Joined
Jan 8, 2019
Ah yes, that looks neat. Did you find the Delite significantly more comfortable than the Charger when you had your test rides?
Not significantly. But it is hard to tell. I test rode them on different occations, and the charger was high speed. I somehow think that the difference in comfort won't show after longer rides.

D

Deleted member 128

Not significantly. But it is hard to tell. I test rode them on different occations, and the charger was high speed. I somehow think that the difference in comfort won't show after longer rides.
I've a Supercharger which I use mostly on roads and occasionally on dirt tracks, to be honest I never considered the need for a full suspension bike for the use I put it to.
The Supercharger is fantastic, I like its styling, quality of design, quality of its components and quality of manufacture. It's the 25kph version, here in the UK the 45kph version would be illegal on our roads.
The Kiox display is worth the extra cost.
You could always put more padding in the child seat.....