Rode a 1000w E-bike yesterday... wow

kingsknight

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2018
Met a complete stranger on a ride yesterday and he let me have a go on his completely illegal 1000w bike and my god it was amazing! Pulled like crazy! Made me feel sad to go back to my Active Line Plus motor lol

The bloke has been riding it for little under 2 years he said and had 7800km on the clock. I cannot remember the name of the bike but he said it was a EU import and cost me £1800 with two batteries and two chargers.

He said that the only thing that needed replacing in all that time was a new throttle lead!

I can completely see why there is a legal limit and he would be in so much trouble if he hurt someone but I can see why people rear hub motors with that much power!

Many of you ride over the 250w on your motors?

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Now and then. Off road and when it's safe enough to do so. They can also go slowly, as and when required, which is how I ride mostly. Often a bit of poke can get you out of the mire. :rolleyes:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Met a complete stranger on a ride yesterday and he let me have a go on his completely illegal 1000w bike and my god it was amazing! Pulled like crazy! Made me feel sad to go back to my Active Line Plus motor lol

The bloke has been riding it for little under 2 years he said and had 7800km on the clock. I cannot remember the name of the bike but he said it was a EU import and cost me £1800 with two batteries and two chargers.

He said that the only thing that needed replacing in all that time was a new throttle lead!

I can completely see why there is a legal limit and he would be in so much trouble if he hurt someone but I can see why people rear hub motors with that much power!

Many of you ride over the 250w on your motors?
Everyone if they use assistance level 5.

• :D

aaannndddyyy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2007
Norwich Norfolk
I have been riding 1000+w bikes for well over a decade now crystalite 5304 v1 and v2 rwd motors with a variety off batteries lifepo4, lipo, from 48v to 100v depending on where I am going and how fast I what to get there from 15 to 50mph, love it but have to ride Defensively if I what to survive, also helps to have an RR personality.

Reactions: kingsknight

kingsknight

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2018
I have been riding 1000+w bikes for well over a decade now crystalite 5304 v1 and v2 rwd motors with a variety off batteries lifepo4, lipo, from 48v to 100v depending on where I am going and how fast I what to get there from 15 to 50mph, love it but have to ride Defensively if I what to survive, also helps to have an RR personality.
glad you understood my question :) have you ever had any problems with the police?

aaannndddyyy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2007
Norwich Norfolk
There was a question?.
The police are not aware it's an ebike . As I always peddle even when I can't keep up with the motor, it's very unlikely the police will be interested in an ebike unless your involved in as accident, been stopped twice both times they were unaware it was an ebike. I ride fast but also safely it's safer to be able to stay with the traffic than be overtaken most of the time but have to be very careful of cars pulling out into my path.

• Agree

Advertisers