Sad death of Cyclotricity Revolver :-( Help choosing a new ebike?

Ani

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 3, 2015
Getting second opinion today from someone I actually trust!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Personally speaking a new BB will sort out a wobbly crank or upgrade to a nice BB with outer bearings and a new chain ring. lf the battery is past it a nice usb 09 jobbie form eclipse is one I would look at a new BB as well and £300 gets the bike working, some used nice forks off Fleabay for £50-80 to replace the crappy zooms, if you don't want it stick it on Fleabay for £100 and some one will buy it and get it working for cheap.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ani

Ani

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 3, 2015
It sounds like you just want a new bike and using the wear as a good excuse. Don't have a problem with that but at least give the manufacturer a bit of credit for giving something you were happy with at the lowest end of the market.
Lol maybe subconsciously!

Can't fault Cyclotricity, this bike has been a godsend & its so much fun to ride - I won't give up on it just yet, I thought taking it to a mechanic that sells them was a good move. Apparently not if they're just going to spin me a yarn on how knackered it is!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Obviously a salesmen.

Reactions: Ani

SteveRuss

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2015
Bristol, Uk
Lol maybe subconsciously!

Can't fault Cyclotricity, this bike has been a godsend & its so much fun to ride - I won't give up on it just yet, I thought taking it to a mechanic that sells them was a good move. Apparently not if they're just going to spin me a yarn on how knackered it is!
On the premise that you are taking it for a second opinion, then I think maybe we should give the first mechanic the benefit of the doubt until proven guilty. He may have spotted terminal issues that do actually exist that would make it uneconomical to repair. Unlikely but you never know.

If your hankering for something different then it may be worth repairing what you have then selling off afterwards. Check my post on the previous page regarding used machines.

Reactions: RobF