Sakura Chopper build Controller help please

D

Deleted member 4366

Sorry I thought" Type 3: Hall sensor and sensorless compatiable, without 3-speed switch, learning itself by a switch. LVC=30/31V(36V) 20/21 V(24V)." meant it'd work without hall sensors. Unless it's just badly worded.
I think you're getting mixed up between brushless (three phase) and brushed (single phase).

D

Deleted member 4366

Don't worry. I never read properly either, then make daft suggestions or comments.

Remember, a man that made no mistakes made nothing. At least we try.

Reactions: Stalkingcat

Stalkingcat

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2015
Unlikely. Most controllers have to sense zero throttle before they'll allow power, so you can't start up with a broken or jammed throttle
Arr didn't know that; I sometimes check motors/controllers by just tapping the +5 and signal from the controller together (no ground) and they have always run wot until I disconnect?

Stalkingcat

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2015
hehe, you learn something new everyday, somewhere along the line.

So as above, I've never bothered connecting a throttle up to test. Works for me 90% of the time, however I purchased 5 controllers a few months ago and just havent been able to get them to work, was about to send them back. Just plugged in a throttle and off they go!

Must be 'sense zero throttle' enabled!

happy:)

Last edited:

Wads

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 17, 2015
What great response! Thanks everyone.

As I now have a fair few options (Including two kind offers of help) to be going on with & don’t like to use peoples time unnecessarily I’d just like to say thanks for all the information & hang fire for now.

I’ll post back later with the outcome of my repairs.

Wads.

Wads

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 17, 2015
Update as promised.

My Chopper is now working again! Special thanks to top man Stalkingcat who kindly came round & fixed the bike.

Turned out to be the controller, which he swapped over for the one suggested earlier in the thread. He then managed (Without a wiring diagram) to work out how to get the all the lights etc. working as well…I’m well chuffed.

Thanks also to everyone else for the input, much appreciated.

Wads.

Stalkingcat

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2015
I have to say that this chopper is one of the most creatively built bikes that i've seen. A restyled Sakura to the max. That spare battery could be put to use in many an illegal way.

Advertisers