Santroll control box

fencehead1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 26, 2022
I have two Swifty Liberte folding ebikes and one has stopped working with electric assistance, after some checks and finally swapping the control boxes I have established that it’s a control box failure. The box in question is by Santroll Electric Automobile Technology, Model No B-WZKD3613KA-JM102-F4, I have emailed the company mentioned and also the bike manufacturer and am yet to receive a reply. I have also contacted Amazon who were the original supplier of this model ebike, nothing , they don’t carry spares. Any suggestions please

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Afaik it is OEM only so one will have to replace the display and controller with another brand, in the end it will be the cheapest option.

fencehead1

Aug 26, 2022
Afaik it is OEM only so one will have to replace the display and controller with another brand, in the end it will be the cheapest option.
Thanks for your reply, being new to this game I’m at a bit of a loss at replacing with a new system. I feel it’s criminal that Swifty as a company can market a bike in large numbers through Amazon and then give no back up support in the form of spares etc.
They just do not reply to emails and the phone number when called says wrong number.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
They just do not reply to emails and the phone number when called says wrong number.
ebikes.co.uk sell your Amazon Swifty bike. They also sell Argos and some lower-end Halfords, e-bikes direct, and TV channel models too. They seem to mostly re-sell overstock and refurbished (repaired) customer returned e-bikes on that website. They state they offer service and support on what they sell.

If your bike is old, the number you'll have is something like 01702 300100.

The current official Swifty Customer Care number shows as being the same as ebikes.co.uk: The Service number is 01702 208187 and general enquiries is 01702 208188.

fencehead1

Aug 26, 2022
ebikes.co.uk sell your Amazon Swifty bike. They also sell Argos and some lower-end Halfords, e-bikes direct, and TV channel models too. They seem to mostly re-sell overstock and refurbished (repaired) customer returned e-bikes on that website. They state they offer service and support on what they sell.

The current official Swifty Customer Care number shows as being the same as ebikes.co.uk: The Service number is 01702 208187 and general enquiries is 01702 208188.
Hi, thanks for that information I’ve been in contact with them and they are checking availability from their warehouse.
cheers

fencehead1

Aug 26, 2022

Thanks for your info I’ve tried ebikes phone No’s and given them details in an email of the part I require to ‘bespoke leisure’ their reply confirmed that they only have spares for bikes purchased from them .
I will now try the number given for older bikes.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
...their reply confirmed that they only have spares for bikes purchased from them .
Here is the current Amazon listing for your Swifty Liberte e-bike.

Here is the Swifty Liberte Owners Manual downloadable from that same Amazon page which clearly states Swifty Service number being in Southend on 01702 208187.

It's exactly the same manual with the same service number as you can download from ebikes.co.uk own website... which is ebikes.co.uk own website service number. I don't really see how they can claim NOT to be responsible for helping you.

In the documentation on Amazon's listing (June 2021), Amazon lists the supplier as:
ACCTEL LIMITED (Taiwan): EU Office Address: Contact Andy Tiller, 5 The Cordwainers, Temple Farm Industrial Estate, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS2 5RU. Maybe a search will bring up an alternative number to try?

gjbird999

Just Joined
Nov 28, 2022
Same situation, 2 bikes one failed controller, turns out you can't even dismantle the controller as its full of some solid glue, total write off, amazon no help, ebay showing £200 for the same controller, anyone got any advice on swapping an alternative controller that will work with the existing wiring? For info there is no display on the handle bar, its an all in one, on\off with power levels 1-3 buttons

fencehead1

Aug 26, 2022
I firstly purchased a different controller (£10) with the intention of trying to adapt it for the Swifty, however, time of year and lack of enthusiasm it being winter delayed trying. In early November one of the many companies I contacted previously contacted me to advise that they now had a number of the correct correct controllers in stock and did I still want one. So I took the easy way out and purchased one from them at £105.

fencehead1

Aug 26, 2022
I firstly purchased a different controller (£10) with the intention of trying to adapt it for the Swifty, however, time of year and lack of enthusiasm it being winter delayed trying. In early November one of the many companies I contacted previously contacted me to advise that they now had a number of the correct correct controllers in stock and did I still want one. So I took the easy way out and purchased one from them at £105.
I have found the invoice from the organisation’s delivery note, they are called B Spoke leisure in Essex, phone No 08443350140

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
I have found the invoice from the organisation’s delivery note, they are called B Spoke leisure in Essex, phone No 08443350140
That company was wound-up in June 2022 (click here). Ironically, the trading address is exactly the same as ACCTEL given in post #7.

fencehead1

Aug 26, 2022
That company was wound-up in June 2022 (click here). Ironically, the trading address is exactly the same as ACCTEL given in post #7.
Thats funny, the delivery/ invoice note that came with the part was dated 4 November 22. They must have been using old headed delivery notes.

KERABO

Pedelecer
May 26, 2022
I am in the same position in needing a Controller.
what was your outcomes. You managed to find one ? They are so expensive. I can find things very close but it would mean changing the wires and connectors.
can I get away with saying but original ?
thank you

Attachments

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I am in the same position in needing a Controller.
what was your outcomes. You managed to find one ? They are so expensive. I can find things very close but it would mean changing the wires and connectors.
can I get away with saying but original ?
thank you
You don't have to use the same type of controller. The one you showed is about as standard as they come. You can buy just about any controller you want along with its matching LCD starting from about £40 for one with similar functions and performance, and around £80 for a really nice one.

KERABO

Pedelecer
May 26, 2022
You don't have to use the same type of controller. The one you showed is about as standard as they come. You can buy just about any controller you want along with its matching LCD starting from about £40 for one with similar functions and performance, and around £80 for a really nice one.

One of my connectors has 6 wires and I can only find with 5 so not quiet sure.

don’t mind spending but want it correct so it’s not wasted.

thank you

Attachments

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
One of my connectors has 6 wires and I can only find with 5 so not quiet sure.

don’t mind spending but want it correct so it’s not wasted.

thank you
The 6-wire connector is for the three motor hall sensors and the speed sensor. That's the same for most motors and most controllers. Cut the connector off your motor cable and the new controller, then solder the wires directly. You don't need a connector that end because there's one on the other end of the motor cable.

Why are you wanting to replace the controller? What's the problem you're trying to solve? What tests did you do to that controller to indicate that it was faulty?

KERABO

Pedelecer
May 26, 2022
Someone had guided me as to how to test the controler and the motor. Eventually I think I tested the motor as ok.
The controller seems to not give desired results. The tests showed an open circuit on the test.
Thanks Ken

KERABO

Pedelecer
May 26, 2022
I purchased a new controller from China complete with a thumb throttle and pedal sensor and display.
wired up the feed to the hub and guess what ? It works. :)

This controller has a control for lights. What voltage or type do I need to look for ?

thank you

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
I purchased a new controller from China complete with a thumb throttle and pedal sensor and display.

This controller has a control for lights. What voltage or type do I need to look for ?

thank you
look for lights that explicitly state they are for ebikes and can handle a hi voltage range 24-52v

ebay will sell sets for about £20 including a horn and rear light/indicators.. the front light alone circa £7
searching for 'e bike lights' should get you there..

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford

thank you
My advice is not to use the lights connector. It's much better to wire lights direct to the battery with their own switch. If you overload that lights connector, you can brick the controller. The overload can happen when you connect lights two powerful for it, or when you nick the wire to the lights.

Reactions: thelarkbox

Advertisers