Santroll control box

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
My advice is not to use the lights connector. It's much better to wire lights direct to the battery with their own switch. If you overload that lights connector, you can brick the controller. The overload can happen when you connect lights two powerful for it, or when you nick the wire to the lights.
didnt know or think of that Good points..

KERABO

Pedelecer
May 26, 2022
look for lights that explicitly state they are for ebikes and can handle a hi voltage range 24-52v

ebay will sell sets for about £20 including a horn and rear light/indicators.. the front light alone circa £7
searching for 'e bike lights' should get you there..
Thank you

PJJ

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 12, 2023
HELLO
IM NEW TO THIS AND PICKED UP THIS FORUM AS I HAVE NO HAIR LEFT!!!!!
I HAVE 2 ELIFE INFUSION 6 SPEED ASSISTED BIKES. BOTH PURCHASED FROM THE DEFUNCT SHOPPING CHANEL IDEAL WORLD AND SUPPLIED BY BSPOKE LIESURE. THE POWER CONTROLLER OR ECU ON ONE HAS PACKED UP. ITS THE SANTROLL B-WZKD2413KA-JM108-F4
ANY ADVICE PLEASE

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
HELLO
IM NEW TO THIS AND PICKED UP THIS FORUM AS I HAVE NO HAIR LEFT!!!!!
I HAVE 2 ELIFE INFUSION 6 SPEED ASSISTED BIKES. BOTH PURCHASED FROM THE DEFUNCT SHOPPING CHANEL IDEAL WORLD AND SUPPLIED BY BSPOKE LIESURE. THE POWER CONTROLLER OR ECU ON ONE HAS PACKED UP. ITS THE SANTROLL B-WZKD2413KA-JM108-F4
ANY ADVICE PLEASE
How do you know the controller is faulty? Did you swap them over or do some other test?
You can use any 24v controller and LCD or other matching control panel that has a maxumum current of 12 to 14 amps, though you will probably have to change a connector or two.

PJJ

Sep 12, 2023
How do you know the controller is faulty? Did you swap them over or do some other test?
You can use any 24v controller and LCD or other matching control panel that has a maxumum current of 12 to 14 amps, though you will probably have to change a connector or two.
Hi. Yes I swaped them over and now the other bike is the same. Nothing happening. I am a complete stranger to electrics as In NO CLUE. !!!. I was hoping to find a plug and play version but having no luck. Does anyone know of a particular controller to purchase. Many thanks saneagle.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi. Yes I swaped them over and now the other bike is the same. Nothing happening. I am a complete stranger to electrics as In NO CLUE. !!!. I was hoping to find a plug and play version but having no luck. Does anyone know of a particular controller to purchase. Many thanks saneagle.
You have to show the connectors that you already have like this:

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
It took me a while to catch on..

ebike controllers come with 2 flavours of connectors, the 'Higo' or more standard wire connectors, like in the pic @saneagle posted above or the 'waterproof' Julet plug and socket connectors. and its a real pita trying to wire a Higo terminated sensor into a Julet socket and visa versa.

Then since the headset and controller 'talk' to each other they must be compatible so its always wise to buy the headset and controller together..

KT controllers are popular as they provide access to a number of config parameters generally locked out by eu legal ebikes and some equipment distributed locally.

and they come with a lot of headset options some very simple, but if you want to configure the controller go for a 3 button lcd headset

Thirdly the signal generated to drive the motor can be either a square wave or a sine wave..
All i know about this is sine wave controllers are preferred as they provide a smoother drive with geared motors..

So once thats all sorted you can select the controller with the correct voltage and amperage for your motor and needs..

hope thats helpful..

EDIT** If you look at the price of brake and pas sensors etc and think its worth going julet and replacing your current sensors etc you will also need a 4 into 1 or 5 into 1 'bus' cable
and a motor extension wire, a real pita to discover after waiting 3 weeks for a delivery from china ;)

Last edited:

PJJ

Sep 12, 2023
It took me a while to catch on..

ebike controllers come with 2 flavours of connectors, the 'Higo' or more standard wire connectors, like in the pic @saneagle posted above or the 'waterproof' Julet plug and socket connectors. and its a real pita trying to wire a Higo terminated sensor into a Julet socket and visa versa.

Then since the headset and controller 'talk' to each other they must be compatible so its always wise to buy the headset and controller together..

KT controllers are popular as they provide access to a number of config parameters generally locked out by eu legal ebikes and some equipment distributed locally.

and they come with a lot of headset options some very simple, but if you want to configure the controller go for a 3 button lcd headset

Thirdly the signal generated to drive tthelarhe motor can be either a square wave or a sine wave..
All i know about this is sine wave controllers are preferred as they provide a smoother drive with geared motors..

So once thats all sorted you can select the controller with the correct voltage and amperage for your motor and needs..

hope thats helpful..

EDIT** If you look at the price of brake and pas sensors etc and think its worth going julet and replacing your current sensors etc you will also need a 4 into 1 or 5 into 1 'bus' cable
and a motor extension wire, a real pita to discover after waiting 3 weeks for a delivery from china ;)
Thankyou Saneagle/thelarkbox
I'll try to get a photo posted later.
the larkbox...... is that a new language you speak. ‍
I'll have it translated but thanks so much. As I said electrics and me go BANG!!!!.
Regards Pete

KERABO

Pedelecer
May 26, 2022
It turns out that the brake lever switch has the same male connector on both the controller and the loom. But the connector I needed is on the light wires from the controller so I snipped them and secured the unused wires and joined the connectors into the system and all works well.
only problem is the speed is just about the limit to the speed you could pedal so it’s easier just to use the thumb throttle.
walking speed
14 mph
20 mph

thank you

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Managed the photos today. Don't know if they are clear enough
based on the pics
something like
ebay example
But it looks like your headset/display uses a julet plug/socket if so you will need something like
another example

In addition a headset that can talk to the controller (you may still need an extension lead between headset and contrller)
some options

i didnt scour for best seller price just selected the ads above based on clear pictures.. and bargains can be had elswhere

KERABO

Pedelecer
May 26, 2022
T
based on the pics
something like
ebay example
But it looks like your headset/display uses a julet plug/socket if so you will need something like
another example

In addition a headset that can talk to the controller (you may still need an extension lead between headset and contrller)
some options

i didnt scour for best seller price just selected the ads above based on clear pictures.. and bargains can be had elswhere
hank you for your help
Ken

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
T

hank you for your help
Ken
Your very welcome..
Double check the gender/ pin orientation (innies or outies) of the plugs/sockets on things you buy, I almost ordered and waited 3 weeks for sensors with the right plug fitted just the wrong gender so would have been trying to plug male into male plugs!!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I have bought another Ebike and need the exact controller in your pictures . Numbers the same.
any ideas Please
thank you
Santroll tend to be OEM only so it is very unlikely you will find any controllers let alone the exact model you require. Very rarely one may come up on ebay.

With most of these OEM bikes obe has to bite the bullet and swap out the controller and display for ready available third party ones.

KERABO

Pedelecer
May 26, 2022
Santroll tend to be OEM only so it is very unlikely you will find any controllers let alone the exact model you require. Very rarely one may come up on ebay.

With most of these OEM bikes obe has to bite the bullet and swap out the controller and display for ready available third party ones.
So if I choose a controller with the correct voltage, amps, current ect and connect the wires accordingly I should be ok?
I done this with my 36v one and it worked well.
I am ok with fitting terminals and connectors.
thank you

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes generally you should be ok , but occassionally one may have some minor phase/sensor wire issues.
You will need to buy a compatible display to work with the new controller so unless it is a KT controller one will have to buy both as a pair from the same seller.

KERABO

Pedelecer
May 26, 2022
Yes generally you should be ok , but occassionally one may have some minor phase/sensor wire issues.
You will need to buy a compatible display to work with the new controller so unless it is a KT controller one will have to buy both as a pair from the same seller.
Thank you

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The phase /hall sensor issues tend to be rare but we do now and then hear of folks having an issue.

Reactions: KERABO

Advertisers