Scott Sportster

Graham Hodgkinson

Just Joined
Jun 6, 2013
Hi My name is Graham and i am looking to buy a scot sportster for my wife it has a Bosch crank drive and wondered if anybody has any opinions or alternative sugestions:

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Plenty of choices of Bosch bikes e.g. KTM AVE, Grace, Riese and Muller. My advice would be to look at a few different brands and ideally try some bikes. Good luck with the search!

Also if you want lower maintenance I would look for hub gears over a derailleur. Also worth thinking whether you want 300wh or 400wh battery

bebbe

Pedelecer
Oct 17, 2014
I have a Scott e-sportster. I use it to commute to work. Aprox 37km one way.

I have 300W batterypack. But I will not get both ways (74km) without charging the battery. I gues that if I had a 400W pack it would last both ways (74km).

I always drive on the turbo mode. If I use touring mode I get both ways. But it will lover the average speed from 27 km/h to about 24-25km/h.

My record range is 86km on one charge. But if you are active and toggle between different modes you can get much more.

The bike is ok to bike without the electric assist as long as you stay under 22-25km/h.

martin@onbike

Official Trade Member
Hi Graham,
Scott no longer make the Sportster variant of E-bike i'm afraid, but this link will show you the current 2015 range.

http://www.onbike.co.uk/product-category/scott/

I have several variants in stock at the moment and many more on pre-order.

They are a high quality, well put together bike powered by the ubiquitous Bosch or New Shimano Crank motor.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I'm still loving my Bosch powered Cube.
I suppose all Bosch equipped bikes will perform pretty much the same.
After my initial test ride I knew I wanted a Bosch motor so the decision on which one to buy was based on
1. Looks (I'll be seeing this bike every day, I needed to like how it looks)
2. Dealer location (only12miles away if there's a problem)

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
[quote="Gringo, post: 239805, member: 10231"
I suppose all Bosch equipped bikes will perform pretty much the same.)[/quote]

Spot on, so as you say choice comes down to the make/style of bicycle you like the best and the existence or otherwise of a local dealer.

My Rose has been no bother to look after, but I still feel as if I have 'got away' with buying it online.

Fewer ebike dealers about when I bought it.

Much easier now to find a decent selection of ebikes in the metal.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
[quote="Gringo, post: 239805, member: 10231"
I suppose all Bosch equipped bikes will perform pretty much the same.)
Spot on, so as you say choice comes down to the make/style of bicycle you like the best and the existence or otherwise of a local dealer.

My Rose has been no bother to look after, but I still feel as if I have 'got away' with buying it online.

Fewer ebike dealers about when I bought it.

Much easier now to find a decent selection of ebikes in the metal.[/quote]

By the way, this is an old thread and the OP has not been back for more than a year.

But the posts may be of interest to current browsers.