Silly Cyclists

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
Found this youtube channel earlier, many of them are in london so those of you outside london can see the chaos.

Silly Cyclists - YouTube

Episode 47 number 3 is one for Mikey :cool:

Episode 21 number 2, safety in numbers lol

Last edited:

MikeyBikey

Pedelecer
Mar 5, 2013
Found this youtube channel earlier, many of them are in london so those of you outside london can see the chaos.

Silly Cyclists - YouTube

Episode 47 number 3 is one for Mikey :cool:

Episode 21 number 2, safety in numbers lol
Short answer is a cyclist IF silly, can only do 15mph x 100kg of damage, whereas a Truck can do 30mph x 44,000kg worth. Simple maths anyone can see, truck driver would have to take 880 times more care, while seeing only a fraction of the road. Now is that sensible? No.

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
Short answer is a cyclist IF silly, can only do 15mph x 100kg of damage, whereas a Truck can do 30mph x 44,000kg worth. Simple maths anyone can see, truck driver would have to take 880 times more care, while seeing only a fraction of the road. Now is that sensible? No.
Watch the clip that made me think of you, the truck is stationary at traffic lights. The only one the cyclist puts in danger is themself, the channel has hundereds of examples of this. Also make note of the tfl provided cycle path on the pavement.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
this is all so depressing - i'm glad i don't have to put up with this on a daily basis...

Pig-Ignorance on the part of both drivers & riders :confused:

MikeyBikey

Pedelecer
Mar 5, 2013

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
In clip after clip the cyclists have no rear view mirror and don't even bother to look round before pulling out into other's paths.

I don't think any cyclist riding without a mirror in heavy traffic conditions is fulfilling their responsibilities as a road user. It would be interesting to know if MikeyBikey and HackneyAndy have mirrors.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
That bloke on the video is a tiresome know-all.

If he started lecturing me about my cycling he would find out what it's like to be knocked off.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I agree that type is irritating Rob, they often take it upon themselves to lecture anyone not wearing a cycle helmet too.

The clips are useful though, collected in one place as they are.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
There appears to be a handful of headcammers in London who see themselves as unofficial cycling policemen.

One guy even hands out cards to 'offenders'.

Mind, he is built like a heavyweight boxer, so I doubt anyone has filled him in - yet.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Whilst I agree it's irritating, to the 'nth degree, to encounter one of these Evangelists, I guess you have to admit they're doing something positive to cut deaths.

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
These videos do show what a bunch of muppets some cyclists can be. Not the best of publicity for our case.

Those with head cams moaning about being cut up most of the time should go back to nursery and learn some hazard perception techniques and the art of anticipation.

It is clear that on some occasions they can see the carve up coming but do nothing to moderate speed or change direction. Instead, they blast a horn and give a running commentary to the camera.

Ditch the cameras and concentrate on the road and the surroundings. Oh, and while you are about it chill out a bit!

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
PS:

We are never going to change the behaviour of motorists overnight but we can change our own.

MikeyBikey

Pedelecer
Mar 5, 2013
With the issue of the safety of cyclists around lorries in the spotlight in recent weeks, a haulage industry magazine has spoken to the owner and a senior manager of a Wimbledon-based haulier, one of whose drivers was involved in a crash that claimed a cyclist’s life. Despite the company's commitment to cycle safety footage of one of its drivers passing close to cyclists and undertaking a car was reported recently to the Metropolitan Police". View from the cab: Lorry firm boss tells of effect of cyclist's death on the driver and the company (+ video) | road.cc

Advertisers