sIMPLEk Stick Pro for Bosch

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
anyone have one of these and what do i need to do to calibrate it as manual not in English

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
But it only works up to 100mph!

I guess all the accusations of riding like a granny at 8mph got on your nerves.

$1800 quid and will nuke a surron :p

Pubs are very distracting. Was the last thing going through his head the visor? That's a bad profession for multiple sclerosis twitchers.

I'm going again this year. The first time I went, 12 people got wiped out, and I saw two of them right before my eyes. Anybody else going?
I watch TT on Naked News. They keep me abreast of the TT tituation.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well i dont want the real speed on my display computer and app do i :rolleyes:

max speed is now 134.2mph :p

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20240416_210235[1].jpg

i have never ridden this thing without a dongle ;)

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
well i dont want the real speed on my display computer and app do i :rolleyes:
This is about as fast as I can pedal using bodily leg power after the 25kph cutoff, which is less than 22mph, and I can't keep that up for longer than a few seconds. I keep the speedo mostly in view recorded by the GoPro in case of accidents, but I'd prefer a custom display which ODOs properly, but programmed to never display a speed higher than 25kph - that's possible with the hacked communication protocols of the BBS01B, but not worth the effort.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i dont even have the speed on my display as use the clock and batt power screen cant be pissing about with that going 35mph.

off and turbo is all i need ;)

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
i dont even have the speed on my display as use the clock and batt power screen cant be pissing about with that going 35mph.

off and turbo is all i need ;)
You could run a BBSHD headless - it defaults to level 0 when you switch it on, but level 0 can be firmware set to max assist. I was thinking of doing that with my BBS01B, because there'd be less to be stolen if I ever leave my bike locked up somewhere, which I don't, because it folds and get taken in.

https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/running-bbs01-without-display.31146/#post-435412

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id use a 3rd party controlle/display say 60-80a but id just nuke the batts we aint there yet :(

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
This is about as fast as I can pedal using bodily leg power after the 25kph cutoff, which is less than 22mph, and I can't keep that up for longer than a few seconds. I keep the speedo mostly in view recorded by the GoPro in case of accidents, but I'd prefer a custom display which ODOs properly, but programmed to never display a speed higher than 25kph - that's possible with the hacked communication protocols of the BBS01B, but not worth the effort.

View attachment 57272
My bike does 44mph without pedalling nearly every time I go out for a ride. You should come to Telford if you want to go faster.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
tesco cider run

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
My bike does 44mph without pedalling nearly every time I go out for a ride. You should come to Telford if you want to go faster.
@soundwave wants to go faster generally, not me. I've been trying to get faster on the flat to keep up with slow moving traffic, after I've had a nice rest letting the motor do nearly all of the work up to 25kph. After a lot of slow squats to increase leg muscle size and strength, and fast tiptoe squat hug knee leap land softs:

https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/the-anything-thread-that-is-never-off-subject.46613/page-6#post-709498

... which were infinitely easier to do aged 18, and to a higher altitude, landing as silent as a Rinja! HAI! (the correct pronounciation [I shout this out each time]), I can now maintain 18 to 20mph for a few minutes, and near 22mph bursts - not a patch on the lycra lot, who overtake me all the time regardless of what I'm attempting. Loads of nice hills near Telford, which I spotted once from Shifnal. My brother had a very nasty accident downhill cycling in the considerably more insane North Wales, he's lucky it didn't kill him. Splatted into a big jagged vertical rock.

If my battery continues to not explode continuously discharging 18A, I might increase the controller limit to 19A or 20A, switch off half the lights (1A?) and install a larger chainwheel. I should be able to continue hauling trailers of the same weight uphill, but be faster in among slow moving traffic, as my Rinja! HAI! high leaping silent landing skills improve in altitude and duration. On the other hand, all that leaping about is bloody exhausting these days, and might kill me faster than a Tesla runs me over, while the driver plays Pokemon and sends dick pics to Angela Rippon.

My knees are killing me, so I might not do anything to increase speed on the flats at all.

I was more interested in faster low effort hill climbing speed. I've avoided this hill ever since the goons gave chase on foot uphill, and unhinged screeching "Shall we grab ya? SHALL BE GRAB YA?!?!?" from their goon mates overtaking by car. Fortunately, my bike looks weird and cheap.

Easy hill climbing speed has increased:

Last edited:

Advertisers