[SOLD] Kalkhoff Pro Connect 2008 10 Ah 8 speed nexus only 200 miles

105 Kid

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 22, 2014
Here I have for sale a 2008 Kalkhoff Pro connect 53 cm frame with Nexus 8 speed hub and 10 Ah battery showing great cell health with 5 lights when pressed even when empty and holds a full charge.

The bike has seen very little use approx 200 miles and as such is in exceptional condition. I had to satisfy my curiosity last week and purchased a 19 tooth rear hub sprocket and 12 tooth front motor sprocket from 50 cycles to improve gearing for my riding style. This has put the assisted speed up into the mid 20 mph and on a 28 mile ride over the Vale of Belvoir including two 15% hills averaged 19.4 mph. I do cycle Carbon road bikes as well and this compares favourably with some of my best times at peak of summer fitness ( this time though I was in jeans, trainers, fleece and rain coat, not the usual Lycra and carbon soled race shoes). I was impressed to say the least! This has put the assistance into the illegal category but have retained the original 9 tooth motor sprocket and rear hub sprocket which are easily refitted in 3/4 hour or approx £15 - £20 by any bike shop. I will fit them back on request if wanted but bike is so much more fun with the new set up. The wife says I have too many bikes and she can't get to the tumble dryer in garage so must go. I really feel that this bike is worth £800.00 due to condition but you guys will be the judge of that so lets talk.
If you would like to try out before offering then that would be possible here by arrangement. I have a tow ball mounted cycle rack and could assist in delivery for a nominal charge by negotiation so please ask. The only slight damage is to the battery handle which toppled over in garage one Occassion but does not affect performance in any way. I have many quality detailed photos available but cannot upload here as file sizes are too large, but will email them on request.