Sourcing motors and batteries

Nick Gough

Just Joined
Oct 10, 2012
Hi
I am keen to convert my 700c road bike to electric assist and need advice on sourcing a reliable motor and battery plus other bits.
Any advice?
Plus I would welcome feedback from anyone who has done a similar conversion.

Cheers

Nick

Eagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2012
Nick,

Welcome to the Pedelecs forums.

You will probably get more replies if you re-post this in the main forums under "Electric Bicycles".

All the best with your project.

D

Deleted member 4366

A simple question, but not so easy to answer. We need more information to properly advise you.
What exactly are you trying to achieve by electrifying your bike? Do you want higher speed, longer range, less effort or what? Are you already a regular cyclist? How much do you want to spend? How much do you weigh? Do you wan to e up ny significnt hills?
There's loads of reliable suppliers of ebike stuff: Several are in the UK and the cheaper ones are in China.

Nick Gough

Just Joined
Oct 10, 2012
Many thanks for getting back on this.
I want to keep the bike as light as possible and still fun to ride if the battery runs down on a ride so I am thinking of a small front hub motor and 10AH lithium battery.

Price is certainly a consideration but so is reliability and I was thinking of trying to find a good Chinese source if anyone can recommend one as I guess that most of these motors and batteries come from China anyway.

If you could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Nick

C

Cyclezee

Hi Nick,

If anyone knows where to source exactly what you are looking for when it comes to DIY, d8veh is your man, just wish he worked for me...........or I worked for him;)