Speed Pedelecs General Discussion thread name change!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
derestricted ebikes/dongles would be more of a better name and get ppl posting in the right forum as new members dont have a clue what a sclass pedelec even is and thus they post it all over the forum.

this should make it clear as day where these posts should be put in the first place and get the answers they want without all the backlash new members get when posting in the wrong forum and bugger off and never come back as a result.

my bike can go faster than 28mph so would be classed as a race class Pedelec under uk law so i should not even be posting in that thread given the name so needs to be changed so ppl post in the right thread for the questions they want answered.

May 16, 2016
Eddie and Flud sat in a tree...K.I.S.S.I.N.G...for fooks sake, I disappear for a few weeks and the place has gone to ****...looks like you're not the flavour of the month mate lol...Flud lives local to me and I hope I catch the w***ker pottering round Ladybower, I'll elbow him into the undergrowth as we fly past him at 30+...oh, and I missed your post about growing pot...so f'king what, i'll bet half of them have vices they don't admit too (fyi, I've been smoking for 40 years and it's not baccy lol)...good to be back and I'll back you up where I can mate...cheers, Steve C

im sure you can read all my pms ;)

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Why not call it the ”i wish I’d brought a motorcycle” section

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Why not call it the ”i wish I’d brought a motorcycle” section
well that says it all tbh so if i got a motor bike that could go 200mph thats ok then with a electric motor no wonder road runner kicks ur ass ;)

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
well that says it all tbh so if i got a motor bike that could go 200mph thats ok then with a electric motor no wonder road runner kicks ur ass ;)
Just pulling your chain ;):D
tbh I don’t know if the forum moderators would support a section that openly condone law breaking in its title, it needs to be subtle

• :D
Reactions: soundwave

PP100

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2020
Most people would not know what a pedelec is (though its the name of the site) but Isn't the forum section description clear enough already?
"Discussions concerning speed pedelecs, motor propulsion beyond 15mph or maximum power outputs above 250w, or e-bikes being used in other countries."
I have no idea what a Dongle would be in relation to e biking. From my point of view it's a old computer term.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
If you want a speed pedelec you can have one right now legally
just follow these instructions

1. First, find yourself a bike. You’ll need to make sure it comes with a Certificate of Conformity, and that it conforms to 168/2013/EU regulations; you’ll need the certificate later.
  2. Head off to the DVLA and get yourself some forms. You’ll need a V267 (New vehicle import pack) and a V55/4 (Application for a licence for a new motor vehicle and declaration for registration). They take about a week to arrive.
  3. Complete the V267 & V55/4 with the information from the Certificate of Conformity.
  4. Send everything with a cheque for £55 and the original Certificate of Conformity off to the DVLA. You’ll need to include a bank statement and/or utility bill, and a copy of your driving license or passport.
  5. Wait for your V5C registration document to come back: this takes about two weeks
  6. Check your vehicle tax - it’s exempt, so there’s nothing to pay
  7. Get a standard vehicle number plate (around £10 online) and fix it to the rear of your bike
  8. Arrange some insurance - Bikesure quoted £135 third party only & Quoterack quoted £200 fully comprehensive for this bike
  9. Find yourself a kite-marked motorcycle helmet. An open-face moped helmet will cost from about £30 upwards.
And you’re done! So you’re looking at a process that’s likely to take about a month,

it's all here folks
https://ebiketips.road.cc/content/advice/advice/buying-and-riding-an-s-pedelec-in-the-uk-1637

Here is one already registered

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
What a stupid analogy ,Of course it would be ok to get a motorcycle that went 200mph , just illegal when you went over the speed limit, just like a ebike with assist over 15.5 mph.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
As long as you are strong enough you can legally ride a legal pedalec at 200mph in a 20mph zone. More realistically in a 20mph zone, you can legally ride a pedalec at 25mph where you can't legally ride an s-pedalec (whether or not using assistance from it) over 20mph.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i have had a dongle on my bike for 5 years i do not give a crap about the law, thats the point and why that thread is there in the first place.

Tarka

Pedelecer
Jan 29, 2019
I agree that it is up to the individual to take responsibility of their own actions, the angry karen curtain twitchers just result in members leaving and achieve nothing to promote friendly ebiking discussion. Perhaps the forum should be retitled Pedantics.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Soundwave you are wasting your breath, tis why I haven't bothered to post about your idea of thread name change.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I agree that it is up to the individual to take responsibility of their own actions, the angry karen curtain twitchers just result in members leaving and achieve nothing to promote friendly ebiking discussion. Perhaps the forum should be retitled Pedantics.
Not so, and your insults are unjustified. This is a web site for legal electric bikes in a variety of classes, unregistered or registered, and we protect that status.

If some wants a web site for various forms of illegal electric bikes, they should set one up, just as Russell Scott did when he set this one up.

Meanwhile they could take the trouble to find the Speed forum where they can have some discussion. It's on the forums page so is hardly difficult to find.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well if every one keeps moaning about ppl posting in the wrong forums then something is wrong and should be made clear were to post such questions.

everyone knows what a derestricted ebike is but go ask someone in the street what is a s class/ speed pedelec and what is the difference.

its not my forum at the end of the day keep it or change it i will still answer ppls questions where ever they post on this forum even if it is all over the place atm ;)

now if we had a moderator or 2 then posts could be moved to the right sections but thats not going to happen is it :rolleyes:

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
well if every one keeps moaning about ppl posting in the wrong forums then something is wrong and should be made clear were to post such questions.
The only thing wrong is people too lazy to look at what's on offer. There's page full of forums and the Speed one is very obvious in that.

• :D
Reactions: soundwave

Advertisers