Stolen Specialized Crosstrial with Bafang Mid Drive 250W

TiffTaylor

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 19, 2019
Hi, had my Specialized Crosstrial 2015, stolen from my garage 7/8th October 2019, I think I must have been targeted.

Very neat (if I say so myself) install. Rear gear change cable has been re-routed to run on the cross bar down to rear wheel with a gear change sensor.

Frame has been drilled and fitted with Nutserts for Gear Change Cable and Battery Holder. So easily can tell its mine.

I have routed most cables via battery holder see image, so zero cable bunches anywhere.

Regards Sad Me

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Sorry to here that. I know how angry it makes you. Have you thought about a CCTV system? £100 gets you a two camera wireless system, that has motion detection. If anybody goes in your garage, it sends you photos by email immediately, then you can see on your phone in real time what's happening. they're dead easy to install. put the box in your house somewhere, then mount the cameras in strategic positions (one inside the garage). They just need a 12v supply. No complicated wiring or setting up. I've installed about 5 of these systems in friends houses so far. everybody was happy with them.

You can get better quality images if you spend around £165 for 1080P or a lot more for 4K. 720P is OK.

Cameras on the outside of your house tend to put off thieves.

• Informative

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Sorry to here that. I know how angry it makes you. Have you thought about a CCTV system? £100 gets you a two camera wireless system, that has motion detection. If anybody goes in your garage, it sends you photos by email immediately, then you can see on your phone in real time what's happening. they're dead easy to install. put the box in your house somewhere, then mount the cameras in strategic positions (one inside the garage). They just need a 12v supply. No complicated wiring or setting up. I've installed about 5 of these systems in friends houses so far. everybody was happy with them.

You can get better quality images if you spend around £165 for 1080P or a lot more for 4K. 720P is OK.

Cameras on the outside of your house tend to put off thieves.
Interesting. Cheaper than I thought by a Mike

Any reccomends for such a system?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Interesting. Cheaper than I thought by a Mike

Any reccomends for such a system?
Here's a cheap 2 camera one.

This one has 1080P cameras, which are better.

You need a 1TB hard drive for 4 x 1080P, and only 500GB for the cheaper system. You can buy used HDs on Ebay for not a lot.

• Useful