strange problem

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
just a minor irritation. When I load the site I usually go to new posts . Just lately for some reason the 'Brexit' thread is not showing even when there have been posts. Is it something I have done to turn it off or is it a message telling me to keep away (lol)

Reactions: tommie

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Try logging off completely and then reboot it and log on again.

Should work.

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
just a minor irritation. When I load the site I usually go to new posts . Just lately for some reason the 'Brexit' thread is not showing even when there have been posts. Is it something I have done to turn it off or is it a message telling me to keep away (lol)
Count your blessings. ;)

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Strange, i`ve been having that exact same problem.

As it`s the Losers thread they`re probably trying to stifle the voice of the majority, a dirty scheme that`s doomed to failure!!

`Never underestimate the dirty tricks, the skullduggery, the pressure and the manipulation the government will be engaged in to try and drive wedges, persuade people and weaken arguments`

Reactions: gray198

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Same here, the Brexit thread is no longer shown in New Posts.

I'm guessing the administrators might have fixed it that way, since there was bad publicity about it reflecting poorly on pedelecs.co.uk.

Reactions: mike killay

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Same here, the Brexit thread is no longer shown in New Posts.

I'm guessing the administrators might have fixed it that way, since there was bad publicity about it reflecting poorly on pedelecs.co.uk.
Something else that`s new - i didn`t get this thread come up under your `new post`.
`What`s New` and `New Posts` aren`t working properly.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Something else that`s new - i didn`t get this thread come up under your `new post`.
`What`s New` and `New Posts` aren`t working properly.
As said above, I think that might be deliberate.

I noticed in some cycling sites that this pedelecs site was getting slagged off as useless, due to some coming in and immediately seeing the Brexit thread at the top every time.

It was clearly giving a very bad impression to first timers entering, so I wouldn't blame the administrators if they'd fixed it to not show Brexit mentions in the new post etc listings. Those of us wanting to enter it know how anyway.

• Informative
Reactions: tommie

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
As said above, I think that might be deliberate.

I noticed in some cycling sites that this pedelecs site was getting slagged off as useless, due to some coming in and immediately seeing the Brexit thread at the top every time.

It was clearly giving a very bad impression to first timers entering, so I wouldn't blame the administrators if they'd fixed it to not show Brexit mentions in the new post etc listings. Those of us wanting to enter it know how anyway.
@jonathan.agnew found it in 20 seconds.

Strange...

Advertisers