Sweepback Handlebars

ladymelchet

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 19, 2019
I am looking for some advice re: handlebars.
I have recently bought a Cube Kathmandu 625 Pro and after my first 17mile outing I found the tops of my upper arms and shoulders beginning to hurt. I think I do need to thing about sweepback handlebars does anyone have any recommendations? I have been looking at the Bontrager Cravit handlebar.
I am very much a leisure cyclist - road and cycle tracks but enjoy doing 30/40 mile trips and tend to cycle in an upright position. Thanks

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
I have recently bought a Cube Kathmandu 625 Pro and after my first 17mile outing I found the tops of my upper arms and shoulders beginning to hurt. I think I do need to thing about sweepback handlebars does anyone have any recommendations? I have been looking at the Bontrager Cravit handlebar.
I am very much a leisure cyclist - road and cycle tracks but enjoy doing 30/40 mile trips and tend to cycle in an upright position. Thanks
'On One' Mary or Mike will give you the sweepback, but not much extra height. Made the difference for my wrists. Mine's the Mary.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I had the same problem on my previous bike and I simply bought the longest stem extender, and fitted it backwards (to the usualy convention), which both raised the middle of the handlebars by some 7-8cm (from memory only!), and brought it back towards me by some 6cm or so.
It as a pretty cheap fix (under €50) and only required about 30 minutes to install (it is about 10 years ago, so 100% accurate I cannot be!!)
regards
Andy
PS. This link is for German ebay, but the pictures will tell you all you need to know.
Also, they seem to have got cheaper and better nowadays:-:):po_O

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
I had an altercation with a tram track and hurt my wrist, needed some "sit up and beg" handlebars to take the weight off my wrists.
I got a pair of Stuttgarter Handlebars, very comfortable, here's an example, go google

Screenshot_20220523-175716.png