The Anything Thread that is Never off subject.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The trouble being of course being that too much legal success against Trump could spark widespread civil disturbance, perhaps even making the assault on the Capitol seem mild in comparison. Taking on such a large proportion of the electorate is a dangerous game.
About Trump's legal troubles: he may not have any ground for an appeal!
defense lawyers always keep back some pieces of evidence that seem iffy so they can use later as ground for appeal. They do that by objecting to some pieces of evidence.
Trump's lawyer, Elina Haba, apparently did not object to a single piece of evidence put forward by E. Jean Carroll. So no evidentiary ground for appeal!
He may have to sue his lawyer for bad advice.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Rishi successful.

Rishi Sunak promised he would get the NHS waiting list down, and he's done just that.

Down from 7.6 million to 1, just in time for King Charles' treatment.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Where's that then? 'Cos it ain't in Wales.
A week ago a bloke rolled his car outside my house, after hitting the trailer parked on my frontage and ramming it into my front door.
After the fact he wasn't very well and sat in the back of an unmarked police car drifting in and out of consiousness. The ambulance took two and a half hours after being called by the copper.
Under funded and understaffed. I wonder if I could claim private health care costs against tax 'cos we are not being well served by the free at the point of need system, as laudable as it is.

• Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Where's that then? 'Cos it ain't in Wales.
A week ago a bloke rolled his car outside my house, after hitting the trailer parked on my frontage and ramming it into my front door.
After the fact he wasn't very well and sat in the back of an unmarked police car drifting in and out of consiousness. The ambulance took two and a half hours after being called by the copper.
Under funded and understaffed. I wonder if I could claim private health care costs against tax 'cos we are not being well served by the free at the point of need system, as laudable as it is.
I was being sarcastic of course.

Believe me it's no better in London, which is actually worse than most other parts of England. Here far too often NHS stands for No Health Service and I've certainly never been clapping it.

I893469365902345609348566

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021
When I woke up post badger wrist break implant op, the very unhappy guy staring intently at me from the other side of the ward, had had both his testicles removed during an operation to remove his prostate. I couldn't think of much to say to him.

• :D
Reactions: Benjahmin

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Rishi successful.

Rishi Sunak promised he would get the NHS waiting list down, and he's done just that.

Down from 7.6 million to 1, just in time for King Charles' treatment.
Was thinking about the irony (of daily mail readers clucking in sympathy, over their McDonald's fries, for ginger as he flies over to visit Charlie who really, really care about the rest of us waiting two months for treatment after a cancer diagnosis). About the vulgar inequality of UK society. Then about pension funds (which have been dying, even faster than patients on NHS waiting lists)
Then about the fact that I'm part of the problem (having a modest property portfolio as an apparently lucky baby boomer). Then that, given crashing pensions, there isn't any alternative to buy to let for most. And with keir thatcher as our next leader none of this is likely to change.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Then about the fact that I'm part of the problem (having a modest property portfolio as an apparently lucky baby boomer). Then that, given crashing pensions, there isn't any alternative to buy to let for most. And with keir thatcher as our next leader none of this is likely to change.
Yes, there's a few of us in this forum who've use the property way, the two of us and Tillson for starters. But as you say, what alternative is there since no pension fund can be trusted. I still remember my ex employees losing half their pensions when Equitable Life failed through incompetence over twenty years ago.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Was thinking about the irony (of daily mail readers clucking in sympathy, over their McDonald's fries, for ginger as he flies over to visit Charlie who really, really care about the rest of us waiting two months for treatment after a cancer diagnosis).
23 years ago, I had to wait 6 months for a life threatening tumour to be "Urgently" removed from my jaw, then months more for a follow-up op. I dread to think what the wait is now for the same. It could yet return, every day is a good one.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
no one round here is taking on nhs i have had 10k plus work done on the nhs and cobalt crowns done for free but i always get the new ones just out of programming.

and after a year or so they all bugger off so they dont do as there told so got the crowns fitted when she was told it was not possible but did it anyway :p

but tbh for the work they do and what they charge is a total rip off esp for fillings as a full pot of the pure white stuff is 600 quid.

tho the best stuff to use is araldite epoxy glue as fooks up there drill bits and will be sat there for hrs.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Our NHS: twice as many Brits are registered for long term illnesses (2.8M) preventing them to work as the numbers who registered as jobseekers (1.3M) and it's getting worse.
What would you do if you were the health minister?
In France, about 750,000 are registed as affected by one of those conditions (ALD). The sharp rise since 2022 is attributed to long COVID. Pre Covid, the number was around 510,000

Last edited:

Advertisers