The Anything Thread that is Never off subject.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
did you watch what Trump says about NATO? The way he said it could well be understood that those NATO members without nuclear weapons of their own should pay the USA for protection.
He could win in November with the help of the evangelicals.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
those NATO members without nuclear weapons of their own should pay the USA for protection.
But they'd be mugs to pay. There is no threat, not now or within half a lifetime.

The so-called threat to Europe from Russia is a fabrication and non-existent, the USA's usual sabre rattling. And China won't be ready to take on the world until at least half a century, not that they even want to by military means anyway.

Their present means are working perfectly well, as someone from the UN mentioned recently. Russia and China have over half of the world on their side already.

Reactions: Woosh

snafu

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2020
Hall End, North |Warks
Well, this seems like an ideal space... Thanks Flecc.

No expectation of comments, just a personal rant. :mad:

I'm getting increasingly p1ssed off with all the useless offers and rewards various organisations want to offer me.

Like most I have a supermarket "Rewards card" and am constantly bombarded with ways to earn points for money etc. Latest from mine seems to think I'll be tempted by bumper packs of infant nappies, formula milk etc. I'm a closer to 70 than 60 year old bloke, what makes them think I'm going to think "Ah Nappies, Yes I need some of those" and modify my shopping habits to buy this stuff. They know what I buy each week. Points or money off purchases of Malt Scotch or a nice steak and I might be tempted. :rolleyes:

Car/Motorcycle insurance is the same, my motorcycle insurer seems to think I might be interested in 5% off a £900 helmet or clothing etc. Possibly once every 10 years I might, but in the grand scheme of things it's just not going to happen. Car insurance is the same.

My Mobile network provider inundates me with stuff that won't even run on my aging S7. (Along with all the usual theater tickets etc)

Even my bank has various money back offers on useless Spa days, crates of wine, Body Shop stuff, Theater tickets, Hotel stays etc. Give me better interest rates / lower charges, it's not rocket science

Why can't these people just leave me alone concentrate on what I pay them for and knock a few quid off the extortionate prices they already charge.

OK, Rant off, thanks for reading. :p

TTFN
John.

Advertisers