The Big Bang Theory

C

Cyclezee

OK at risk of ridicule I have to confess that I love that program, there I have said ito_O

Yes I know it's American humour, the rest of my family hate it and think it is juvenile trash, but it makes me laugh:D

Does anyone else share my liking for it?

I guess they must or it wouldn't get airtime.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
And the current Count Arthur Strong.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It's terrific and I've followed it from the beginning. For me it ranks with the great classics of situation comedy such as Faulty Towers.

However, I'm fearful that it might be stretched too far and I'm seeing signs of weakness now in the latest editions.

The producers of the great classics like Faulty Towers, Porridge etc knew when it was time to call a halt, the common expression for success with audiences being "leave 'em wanting more".

JamesW

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2014
For me it is too close to an accurate depiction of my life so far. There are a few aspects that would need changing to make it more accurate, but mostly it's accurate. (I'm not Sheldon)

C

Cyclezee

For me it is too close to an accurate depiction of my life so far. There are a few aspects that would need changing to make it more accurate, but mostly it's accurate. (I'm not Sheldon)
Ah, you must be Bernadette then;)

C

Cyclezee

However, I'm fearful that it might be stretched too far and I'm seeing signs of weakness now in the latest editions.
Unfortunately and as with most things Tony I think you could be right again:(

Speaking personally, as my memory ain't what it used to be, I can watch all the repeats as if they were brand new episodes:cool:.....if I can remember what a TV iso_O

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Perhaps that's part of a dread based appeal to many of us James, there are things in it which are uncomfortably close to so many of us!

In my case there are some aspects of Sheldon in me. :(

JamesW

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2014
Nah... I'm the underachiever who is socially inept and manages to catch the gorgeous girl. The difference would be my wife is not useless and did nit have tons af previous boyfriends.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Nah... I'm the underachiever who is socially inept and manages to catch the gorgeous girl.
The first part is true of me, but minus the georgeous girl. I've suffered many years of very un-georgeous girls chasing me as a batchelor and my total lack of interest in them has been very Sheldon-like!

When one somewhat Amy Farrah Fowler like girl was pushing me hard with an obvious desire for intimacy, I used a Benny Hill like pretence of innocence, saying the following:

"My mother warned me about girls like you", and then pointing at her crotch I said "How do I know you haven't got teeth down there, I might be just getting going and SNAP, I'd be cut off in my prime!"

She fell about in fits of laughter, but it didn't get rid of her totally, that was in the 1970s and we are still friends sending each other Xmas cards! She lives far away though and has had two husbands and three kids since then.

Reactions: Cyclezee and JamesW

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
The first part is true of me, but minus the georgeous girl. I've suffered many years of very un-georgeous girls chasing me as a batchelor and my total lack of interest in them has been very Sheldon-like!

When one somewhat Amy Farrah Fowler like girl was pushing me hard with an obvious desire for intimacy, I used a Benny Hill like pretence of innocence, saying the following:

"My mother warned me about girls like you", and then pointing at her crotch I said "How do I know you haven't got teeth down there, I might be just getting going and SNAP, I'd be cut off in my prime!"

She fell about in fits of laughter, but it didn't get rid of her totally, that was in the 1970s and we are still friends sending each other Xmas cards! She lives far away though and has had two husbands and three kids since then.
Aah - the classic male neurosis - vagina dentata. Not covered by the room-mate agreement - yet.

Reactions: flecc
C

Cyclezee

Amy might have been a good catch Tony, she really does have a Ph.D and also has degree in neuroscience, but the price may have been circumcision which she could no doubt perform herself.:eek:

Personally I would have gone for the dumb blonde female character........if I didn't already have one of my own:oops:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Amy might have been a good catch Tony, she really does have a Ph.D and also has degree in neuroscience
My one had nothing like that, she was a tomboy who liked nothing better than crawling about under motor vehicles doing repairs, emerging covered in black grease. Glamorous she never was.

Her first husband was a farmer and she revelled in being a farm labourer working with him!

C

Cyclezee

My one had nothing like that, she was a tomboy who liked nothing better than crawling about under motor vehicles doing repairs, emerging covered in black grease. Glamorous she never was.

Her first husband was a farmer and she revelled in being a farm labourer working with him!
What a catch, a woman who is a mechanic and likes to get down and dirty;)

Advertisers