The complainers program last night

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Hi all

Has anyone watched it? I am really glad I do not need to commute in London.

It seems Complaining about bus drivers does not seem to improve anything about their safety awareness at all.

pdarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2013
Bradford
www.mybigdaydj.co.uk
I watched it, I've seen Traffic Droid (lewis) before, unfortunately he'll just get painted as a whiny complainer or a nutter, rather than a concerned citizen.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I also watched it, and Droid I'm afraid is just a trouble maker.

He may well have a perfectly good cause, but he's going about things in an aggressive way that only makes matters far worse, escalating every situation. Not content with that, he sometimes even provokes a problem where with a good cyclist none would exist. In most of the "situations" I would not have experienced any problem.

There's no room on our roads for self-appointed policemen and he has no authority to tackle offenders directly. That is the job of the police who do have the authority, and he should direct the films from his multiple cameras to them.

He could and should be prosecuted for his behaviour to bring him to order. He is most definitely guilty of threatening behaviour.

Reactions: RobF

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Have to agree with Flecc.

Droid provokes bother in more situations than he helps.

Offering on-road driving or cycling tuition to others is never going to go down well.

I'm surprised Droid hasn't been filled in, perhaps that's because he is a large guy and presumably always has at least half a dozen cameras running.

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm surprised Droid hasn't been filled in, perhaps that's because he is a large guy and presumably always has at least half a dozen cameras running.
That's exactly it Rob, a man of his size can be very intimidating, which unavoidably makes his screaming and shouting at others threatening behaviour. Just quietly and calmly speaking to others with a pleasant smile instead of his hysteria would transform those situations.

pdarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2013
Bradford
www.mybigdaydj.co.uk
He does take it too far, with his pole and red cards. I've been threatened by motorists just for daring to warn them or the very fact I have a camera.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I seriously believe that cyclists who cannot complete their journeys without complaining directly to other road users, however politely, should not be cycling.

And the same applies to drivers, motorcyclists etc. It's a matter of self-control, anyone who cannot control themselves enough to avoid such communication is intrinsically dangerous, being prone to the possibility of road rage and enough loss of self-control to cause an accident.

MikeyBikey

Pedelecer
Mar 5, 2013
With six London cyclists killed in as many months, I'd say we need every cyclist to become a ''Droid'? :(
Maybe just upload the video to an impartial site, like 'FillThatHole.org.uk' does for potholes. That way bad driving could be dealt with in a dispassionate way.
If the authorities did not act within ?? timescale, then upload it to YouTube with the Reg No, where insurance companies can see it and adjust the drivers premiums, if necessary. Eh?

Advertisers