The lead to the battery

Gaynor

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2006
I used my bike yesterday, still have only the one working brake, as the one that was going to fix it didn't, I have great info via PM, but I would rather pay someone to fix my bike, I will print out instructions, but I am worried about the cut outs, it sometimes corrects itself after a few minutes, but yesterday i discovered a fault with the wire that goes to the battery to the plug, I always had to be careful taking that out, and with many charges, as I used it little and often, but now you can see the exposed wires, I did charge it, but I think that is probably dangerous.
When I do get this bike back in order, I want to sell it, and go for the Gazelle ......I have seen an elderly couple use these bikes, they were slow going up but they stayed going up that made these hills, they claimed they made it to the top from the old town to the conquest hospital.
I thought if they can do that surely it would be a piece of cake for me, as an ex kick boxer -which i will (hopefully get back to after 6 months of hospital hell :( )
I was also surprised of how small the battery was in comparison to mine, although mine was a lot lighter than the Elran, it was almost the same size, i was expecting a smaller battery, but you can have everything.
Still wish I could get a motorised bike, but I know that wouldn't be possible, its just £700 buys you a really good retro style scooter bike (like the mods used to have)
I could cover the battery wire with duct tape, as anyone else had this problem?
Regards
Gaynor

john

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2007
Manchester
yesterday i discovered a fault with the wire that goes to the battery to the plug, I always had to be careful taking that out, and with many charges, as I used it little and often, but now you can see the exposed wires, I did charge it, but I think that is probably dangerous.
Gaynor,
You won't get a shock from the wire but it would be a good idea to cover it with tape. Better still, get someone to check it for you or perhaps you could post a picture.