Thinking of getting bike

Kerry

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2014
UK
I have spoken to a Freego dealer this morning. I am hoping to have a test drive next week as someone I know is going in that direction and is happy to give me a lift.

Thanks everyone for your input. I shall let you know how I get on.

Reactions: uk_steve

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I've got nothing to hide. I'm an official Kudos dealer - sort of. I have one Kudos Tornado in my garage. If anybody in the West Midlands wants to try one before buying, they can try mine. If they decide to buy one, Kudos will send it to me to prepare, and I get a few beers out of it. Of course, you'd get the very best after sales support from me, and probably the lowest cost because I never charge for labour.
how about you taking also the Oxygen dealership?
it's currently the most potent Chinese bike on the market.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Kerry...you may be surprised to learn that the Kudos terms and conditions are pretty much bike industry standard,it is very similar to the Specialized terms and conditions but with additions to make it relevant to the electric bike industry.
The industry needs to protect itself against the occasional unreasonable bike user who expects his bike to be subjected to all sorts of abuse then expects everything to be covered by warranty,if you bunny hop off a kerb and bend the frame who's fault is that? You will find that most e-bike sellers are more than generous when it comes to sorting out problems but if they covered abuse or poor maintenance they would not stay in business very long.
My experience of the industry is that the e-bike end of the business is more compliant than the general bike industry.
I think if you act in a fair manner you will find the industry very supportive,but you must appreciate that these bikes have come all the way from China and delivered by courier to your door,the occasional blemish or minor adjustment must be expected.
KudosDave

uk_steve

Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2007
Folkestone Kent
Kerry best to be cautious I totally understand and I hope you test drive goes well, FWIW I been around this forum for years now & there is many great members and I'm sure you will get to know who is who & knows their onions so to speak ;) dam that's d8veh talking about pints and currys :) hmmmm Ruby time

C

Cyclezee

Hi Kerry,

I think an eZee Sprint Primo LDS would be a good bike for you and the GTS version for your husband.

We have sold out of the LDS except for an ex demonstrator which has done less than 50 miles and is available for £700 with a 36v 11Ah battery. A brand new Sprint Primo GTS for your husband would be £850.

You can see the specification of both bikes on our website here http://www.cyclezee.com/ezee-sprint-primo.html

Kerry

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2014
UK
Thank you for the further responses - for some reason I didn't get a message about them.

I have been today and tested two bikes, one the Freego folding bike and another one: the Coyote Connect folding bike.

The Freego was excellent and a great ride - it went up a hill so easily in the lowest power setting: very impressive.

I wasn't impressed with the Coyote or the service of the company, especially as they told us that they had that bike and another different model in stock, but after driving a long way they only had the Coyote. :-( They were pretty clueless about either bike.

We made the decision to go with a Freego, but then, unfortunately, they were out of stock. :-( I liked the warranty terms with Freego: warranty of 4 years for the frame, the battery 2 years and one year for parts except the obvious like brake pads, and last but not least: "if during the first 12 months your FreeGo or Wisper electric bike malfunctions and cannot be repaired within 5 working days it will be replaced with a new electric bike." They should have stocks in 10 days time so will probably order then.

TinKitten

Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2014
Abergavenny
www.pottylou.co.uk
My mum has a folding Freego. She's hardly put any miles on it so I can't comment about long term durability, but I used it on holiday last year and loved it so much that it inspired me to get an ebike of my own. I'm sure you've made a good choice.

Reactions: Kerry

One_Box

Pedelecer
Jul 29, 2014
Leominster
Hi Kerry,

I think an eZee Sprint Primo LDS would be a good bike for you and the GTS version for your husband.

We have sold out of the LDS except for an ex demonstrator which has done less than 50 miles and is available for £700 with a 36v 11Ah battery. A brand new Sprint Primo GTS for your husband would be £850.

You can see the specification of both bikes on our website here http://www.cyclezee.com/ezee-sprint-primo.html
Thank you, that will do nicely. :)

Kerry

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2014
UK
I have now been using my Freego Wren for a fortnight and I can honestly say it is one of the best things that I have ever bought. It makes my commute to work so easy - I would never manage it on an ordinary bike as it is up steep hills. I bought a basket and panniers with it and found them to be much better quality than the panniers I had looked at elsewhere - they are Freego's own brand. The bike gets a free service 6 weeks after purchase so it will go back for a check in the middle of November. I would highly recommend these bikes to others. :)

Kerry

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2014
UK
Another update: I have now been using my Freego Wren for nearly 3 months - in use 6 days a week doing between 3 and 6 miles a day, up and down very steep hills.

After six weeks my Freego Wren had its free service. By then everything had bedded in and some cables needed tightening up. I also had a set of new brake blocks on one wheel - I spent a lot of time with the brakes on when going down very steep hills, especially as the speed terrified me at first.

I can just repeat what I said at first: this is one of the best buys I have made and would highly recommend the bike to others.