This seems to be an active and very helpful forum. Anybody's forum replies going straight to spam?

Cancunia

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2021
Just came across this thread, looked in my gmail spam folder & found a whole lot of Pedelecs emails! Hopefully I've now set a rule to make the forum emails come to my inbox instead.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Just came across this thread, looked in my gmail spam folder & found a whole lot of Pedelecs emails! Hopefully I've now set a rule to make the forum emails come to my inbox instead.
I don't know how the 'Report as not spam' works.
Rather than making a rule I am using that, hoping that eventually gmail will stop marking these as spam not just for me but for everybody. Maybe one person doing this multiple times has not effect, but if lots of people did it it might eventually come right for everyone, with no need for rule exceptions?

I don't know if it is possible to contact gmail admin to get them to stop the spam marking?

~~
It looks as if they are currently being marked spam because
Why is this message in spam?
It is similar to messages that were identified as spam in the past.

They were identified as spam in the past because of Russ using his old email that didn't do proper authentication.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Without making a rule, but after repetitive marking of Pedelecs messages as 'not spam', I have just had the first Pedelecs message arrive in inbox rather than spam. I don't know if there will have been any related change for other gmail users.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
gmail users
Some times marking something as "not spam" with automatically added it to your safe senders list.

Point Reyes

Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2021
I suspect it is using some older mail server that does not have more modern authentication, or hasn't been configured to use it for the russ account.
Right. I had to finally go into Gmail filters and make a rule never to send to spam and always go into my inbox. Haven't had a problem since.