Fans8off discount code
IMVIP code reduces price to £32.50

• Agree
Reactions: Oldie

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Looks pretty good, for the money especially.
Only downside is it appears to be a little dark maybe.
No-one outside the British Armed Forces is permitted a machine gun, and only then, on restricted military ranges.

You might be able to buy a handgun, but no-one other than a police officer (or government security) is allowed a working handgun/pistol. There is such a thing as a long barrel pistol that can be owned, but they're more like a short rifle.

You could own a 50 cal with membership of a range where you could use it, and as you rightly say, with a firearms license. With each bang costing over £5 a trigger pull, it would be a complete waste of money from start to finish. Plus there are better rounds for that sort of range work.

As I said, longbarrel pistol. To own one of these you would need to be a member of a gun club, likely with an indoor range of (say) 50 yards. These pistols are typically used for target competitions. Likely there would be a caveat on your license restricting the use of this to your practice venue, and recognised competitions.

Generally speaking these are 50 yard rifles used by farmers for rabbits. Beyond 50 yards their accuracy is generally pretty appalling.

308's are popular because there's plenty of cheap military ammunition around to feed the rifle, but the military stuff is loaded to higher pressures (if I remember), but it is possible to chamber the 7.62 so people use it. Personally, I think it's too much, and I don't like it, even with a sound moderator.

You get a firearms license through being a member of Home Office Approved club (and you will be restricted to using your firearms at ranges), or you have permission to shoot on land for hunting or pest control purposes. THEY are your 'good reasons'. If you have a serious criminal conviction, or done serious jail time, you are automatically banned from possessing a firearm of any sort.
Interesting wee vid I saw a while back on what you can legally own in the UK, which includes semi-automatic and up to .308- though not semi at this caliber.

I've often considered getting into target distance shooting. I can see it would be a very addictive hobby.
Cheaper than my bike collection/hobby anyway :D

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
APEMAN models have three levels of stabilisation...

"ANTI-SHAKE, EIS+Gyroscope, Super Stabilization"

...which is three more than my Crosstour Action 4k did - situating it on the jawguard of my helmet reduced shake quite a lot, helmet top placement would also provide a bit of stabilisation, if anti-shake turns out not stable enough.

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
APEMAN models have three levels of stabilisation...

"ANTI-SHAKE, EIS+Gyroscope, Super Stabilization"

...which is three more than my Crosstour Action 4k did - situating it on the jawguard of my helmet reduced shake quite a lot, helmet top placement would also provide a bit of stabilisation, if anti-shake turns out not stable enough.
Yeah, it seems fine handlebar mounted with EIS on, it can't do 4k with EIS on , 2.7k max

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
At the risk of posting the most boring video ever to this forum, here is an Apeman A79 clip on a very grey, rainy day - just to give people an idea

This was going up Clay bank (which is a 500ft climb, with a max incline of about 14%)

Just to give an idea of the resolution - I can export a frame to pick out the registration of the oncoming van at the beginning of the clip

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
That's very good, and similar daylight cycling "flight" recording performance to my Crosstour Action 4K, which I would have stuck with, if it was capable of doing the same at night.

The GoPro Hero 7 Black is set up to record vids for surfer dudes in sunny climes to show off with, on no-brainer dude mode, but manual control makes it shine for cyclist "flight" recording, day or night.

My headlights help illuminate number plates of vehicles close enough to be a possible threat to my continued health.

Even at the cheaper end, sensors and lenses etc. will keep improving.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter.Bridge

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The GoPro Hero 7 Black isn't perfect, action cameras are not sensitive enough for night recording of fast moving objects in general: I would have stood more chance of recording the number plate of this police car, as it bombed past at dangerous very high speed, if my headlight on the right had been angled to the right (this was the original plan for that headlight)... but I didn't want to be accused of blinding oncoming traffic - I'll experiment with it angled down and to the right, for next time. Wasn't important to record that plate, their deafening racket provided plenty of advance warning for me to pull over. They ignored me.

(1/384s is too fast for the display)

Last edited: