Todays Race ....yeh...that one...

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Please please, pretty please, can no one post or even HINT at the results of the first race today ........I dont have sky.....on principle, which must be very strong, because you all know how much I love F1, and honestly, to have to miss the first race of the season LIVE is a very hard cross to bear :(

But,oh,fingers crosssed for Lewis and Mercedes......( :p to RedBull lol )

Lynda :)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Ha ha Lynda, at least Red Bull made it on to the podium:p
Hmmmmm .....thought you had been quiet....at least this afternoon you have :p......you would have been crowing more if vettel had won lol

Mercedes are looking pretty good and even better with Lewis driving, so lets wait and see Mr.RedBull :p

C

Cyclezee

Hmmmmm....thought you had been quiet....at least this afternoon you have :p......you would have been crowing more if vettel had won lol

Mercedes are looking pretty good and even better with Lewis driving, so lets wait and see Mr.RedBull :p

Forget electronic cigarettes, this is smoking

RED BULL DO IT AGAIN, 4 TIMES IN A ROW
article-0-190458D200000578-270_634x396.jpg

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Forget electronic cigarettes, this is smoking

RED BULL DO IT AGAIN, 4 TIMES IN A ROW
View attachment 7210
Hmmm.....silly me, happily thinking my phone had been quiet this afternoon.....ok, ok, point taken, so he won......so what .......you only like Vettel because they are based in MK.

Congratulations to Red Bull, they have done well this year......but I am looking ahead.....lets see what next year brings......

You know me, Im nothing if not loyal ;)

Mercedes forever.........

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Don't worry Lynda, this is the last championship for Sebastian for at least two years. This sport like most others is commercial and can't afford the yawns that accompany an every-time winner.

So as ever a change will be fixed, and we already know in part what that is. Next years F1 car rules dictate they are going to be drastically different, much smaller turbocharged engines for a start. That's enough to disguise any behind the scenes trickery applied to get the desired result.

Who, driver or car, is chosen to be the anointed one next year I can't say, but it's likely to be a surprise since that is always best for generating fresh interest in a sport jaded by predictability.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Don't worry Lynda, this is the last championship for Sebastian for at least two years. This sport like most others is commercial and can't afford the yawns that accompany an every-time winner.

So as ever a change will be fixed, and we already know in part what that is. Next years F1 car rules dictate they are going to be drastically different, much smaller turbocharged engines for a start. That's enough to disguise any behind the scenes trickery applied to get the desired result.

Who, driver or car, is chosen to be the anointed one next year I can't say, but it's likely to be a surprise since that is always best for generating fresh interest in a sport jaded by predictability.
You're such a loveable old F1 cynic flecc lol ;)

grldtnr

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
south east Essex
I would watch F1 ,if ever they reverted to pedal cars ,as of my youth, these days F1 seems to be about whos has the fastest and most mobile supercomputer ,and very little to do with any real driving talent or mechanical expertise. and I failto see any advantage to the modern motorist.

If we must have F1 let go back to having the likes of Fangio ,Graham Hill and others, real drivers with proper cars!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I would watch F1 ,if ever they reverted to pedal cars ,as of my youth, these days F1 seems to be about whos has the fastest and most mobile supercomputer ,and very little to do with any real driving talent or mechanical expertise. and I failto see any advantage to the modern motorist.

If we must have F1 let go back to having the likes of Fangio ,Graham Hill and others, real drivers with proper cars!
Well said. We need to get back to when it was the drivers who raced, not the officials, the rule makers, the strategists and the pit crews.

F1 today is a silly joke.

D

Deleted member 4366

Do you remember the days when they used to spin-off when they went too fast round a corner? When was the last time you saw that?

If ever there was proof that F1 was fixed, you only have to go back to the last races in each of the first two seasons of Lewis Hamilton. In the first one, he was inexplicably prevented from winning the championship, and in the second, he seemed to get help from powers above.

Like Flecc, I believe that there'll be a new world champion next year - nothing to do with driver ability. He'll be from the country that has the potential to inject the most new cash into F1.

The Moto GP is much more exiting and dependent on driver ability. You only have to watch one race to see how the skill of Marc Marquez, as he slides the bike sideways at 150 mph, will/has make/made him world champion this season. And yes they do still spin off in spectacular fashion when they go too fast round corners.

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
And sadly quite often died.

F1 for along time has not just been about the drivers and probably never will be (only a 1 make series can ever really be that and even then only if all cars are preped exactly the same). The politics, technology and controversy are all part of the package and wishing for the good old days is a waste of time.

sent by pigeon post

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
wishing for the good old days is a waste of time.
Not really, when as Dave says, we've got real racing in Moto GP, and for that matter the Isle of Man too.

That's the racing I watch, the real thing and much better than the fakery of F1.

D

Deleted member 4366

Not really, when as Dave says, we've got real racing in Moto GP, and for that matter the Isle of Man too.

That's the racing I watch, the real thing and much better than the fakery of F1.
The Isle of Man. Those guys are really heros. I don't know how they can keep going knowing how many of the greats got wiped out. I challenge anyone to do the lap of the TT pod simulator on the back of Joey Dunlop and not come out shaking.

C

Cyclezee

I am also a Moto GP fan as well as enjoying F1.

Jorge Lorenzo is my current favourite rider, smooth, fast and stylish unlike Marquez who is an accident waiting to happen and doesn't mind taking out his team mate.

When it comes to the TT, I go back to the days of great Giacomo Agostini and the sound of his 3 cylinder MV Agusta flat out on the mountain was just amazing.

I haven't been to the Island for decades, today I hide behind the sofa when it is on TV as it is just so unbelievably scary.

Crank up the volume and check this out 500 mv 3 cylinder at 2010 manx gp hillberry - YouTube

and again this time with Ago onboard Giacomo Agostini on the mv agusta, parade lap TT 2011 - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Jorge Lorenzo is my current favourite rider, smooth, fast and stylish unlike Marquez who is an accident waiting to happen and doesn't mind taking out his team mate.
Yes, I like Lorenzo's riding, taking over where Casey Stoner left off with similar effortless style. But I also enjoy the drama of seeing Marc Marquez as he enters corners effectively on one wheel with the bike at an angle.

Fireworks or calm, which I suppose could equally be termed finesse or bravery, the dispute on which style is ultimately superior has never finally been settled, though calm has seemed the better for a few years now following Stoner and Lorenzo.

One thing's for certain, we the audience need both.

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth

But even Moto Gp is flawed with half the fleet on bikes that dont stand a chance and in reality only 4-5 riders who stand any chance of winnning. Im really hoping Cal can get the Ducatis back on pace next year although if om honest I doubt it. Moto 2 and 3 are far closer along with WSB but still not anything like Moto Gp was when it first took over from 500's with 5-6 bikes still swapping places at front on last couple of laps.

As for the TT those guys are completely insane and long may they stay so.

sent by pigeon post

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, some truth in that Garry, but at least the CRTs are a separate class and recognised as such, so basically making it two simultaneous races.

It's true we haven't had so much duelling at the front of late, but there has still been quite a bit between any two of Jorge Lorenzo, Dani Pedrosa, Marc Marquez and previously Casey Stoner. That's a world away from F1 where race after race is nothing but a procession at the front from start to finish. And don't get me started on the US inspired evil of safety cars and the grossly excessive safety of modern F1.

D

Deleted member 4366

I can remember the Yamaha Pro-Am series in the early '80s, where they all had the same bikes (LC350). They went round in a massive pack. The only way to get to the front was to push harder, but then you span off taking about four others with you because everyone was packed around you. It was scarier to watch than the TT.

Advertisers