Torque 705 collected for repair by Wisper April 2020. Where is it

slowcoach

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
Hi David, I have tried to contact you by letter but received no reply.
You will recall the problems I have had with failed controllers on my Torque 705 since new. When just approaching its second birthday it failed a again, but dealer refused to accept it s his business was closing down. He arranged for me to deliver it to you for repair (October 2019). I collected it December 2019 but unable to ride it owing to heart problems. When I did (March 2020) I struggled to return from a 5 mile ride as it had failed again. Wisper arranged collection from me, but, despite my trying to follow progress, I am still waiting for my bike to be returned.
Have you seen my letter? Posted to you 10th October signed for mail.

slowcoach

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
It is the bike you collected from me on 1st April 2020. Torque 705 SKM 17010286 with 575 WH battery and referred to in my letter sent to you (signed for)27/10/2020.
Your comment suggests there could be more than one bike that has been with you for repair for that lenght of time. However, as I now have some attention, I will email you again.
Cheers Mike

slowcoach

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
Two months now passed since this posting and still no joy. I email you but get no response. What do I have to do to get this shambles sorted? I am extremely worried as I invested a lot of money in this bike and have nothing to show for it.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Two months now passed since this posting and still no joy. I email you but get no response. What do I have to do to get this shambles sorted? I am extremely worried as I invested a lot of money in this bike and have nothing to show for it.
What address(es) are you using to contact David? I may have an alternative for you.

slowcoach

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
Hi flecc. Thanks for your offer.
I have been using David@wisperbikes.com and have had an earlier response, but no news about my bike, although I have sent a few more emails asking. As you can imagine, living on state pension, I am worried about my investment in this bike.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
So Wisper have had your bike since April last year and are not responding to you?
Have you tried calling them using the number from their website 01732 762 393?
Wisper have a good reputation with folks on this forum as far as I know, so am surprised they are ignoring you

slowcoach

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
I used to phone them but they got a bit upset about me calling every week.
I know that they have a good reputation with some members here, but definitely not with me. Just wish they would be honest and say if they can not repair it instead of avoiding the issue.

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
I know that they have a good reputation with some members here, but definitely not with me. Just wish they would be honest and say if they can not repair it instead of avoiding the issue.
I think you need to be a bit more pro-active, you have waited nearly a year for its return according to what you say and haven't bothered phoning again because you say they got upset. So instead of keep phoning again and dealing with them direct you joined this Site and your first post was to David at Wisper. Seems very strange to me seeing as the dealings I have had with David and Wisper over the years have been excellent as have many other people on this Site.

slowcoach

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
I think you need to be a bit more pro-active, you have waited nearly a year for its return according to what you say and haven't bothered phoning again because you say they got upset. So instead of keep phoning again and dealing with them direct you joined this Site and your first post was to David at Wisper. Seems very strange to me seeing as the dealings I have had with David and Wisper over the years have been excellent as have many other people on this Site.
Not quite true.
There is a long story that I will not go into here.
As you will note, I did get an initial response to my posting and got a promise to sort the problem. Then nothing.
I did not post on here originally until some time after my offer to reach an amicable solution was ignored.

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
If they have had your bike for this length of time without resolution, the last thing I would worry about is upsetting them by ringing on a regular update on progress.
Get in contact with them by telephone and try and resolve! Causing a spat on an open forum is probably not the best way to resolve. Seems strange after reading other postings re Wisper, they seem a pro-active helpful bunch?

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
There is a long story that I will not go into here.
As you will note, I did get an initial response to my posting and got a promise to sort the problem. Then nothing.
I did not post on here originally until some time after my offer to reach an amicable solution was ignored.
I think you are being a bit liberal with the truth here, First of all you say it is a long story you won't go into, Then you say David promised he would sort the problem when in reality he knew nothing about it according to his post, Finally you state you didn't post on here until they ignored your offer of an amicable solution which was what? It's no good coming on the site and starting with a contentious post i.e. the title and not telling the full story about a bike which is obviously around 3.5 years old.

Reactions: MontyPAS

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I think it's very wrong to post this sort of thing on a forum. It's fine if you tell the truth and give all the facts, but I can see that you're conveniently hiding the salient ones.

I'm going to take a wild guess that the story goes something like this: Your bike became broken. Wisper offered to help, but when they got it, they could see that the cause of the problem was on your side, so they agreed to fix it at some cost to you, but you think it shouldn't have broken and they should pay. Now you have a stand-off.

Without the details everybody will be on Wisper's side, so you're wasting your time posting here. If you give the details, we can act as arbitrators or as judges to explain where the blame lies. I think we all know what the answer is going to be!

slowcoach

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
Interesting. I responded to these comments Sunday evening, giving details about my bike never working properly from a few weeks old and still waiting for it to be repaired. Seems to have disappeared. Just a question of why do the controllers keep failing. First one failed at 300 miles and it has been back to dealer many times, until he went bust but arranged for me to return it to wisper.
However, I can not be bothered anymore, guess I will just lose the money. I would never be able to trust it if I did get it back.
Just been given first refusal on an almost new Motus. Got 400 miles on it so has already lasted longer than the wisper. In case anyone wants to know, it is a very sad story, previous owner (a former work colleague) fell victim to the virus a few weeks after taking delivery.

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Interesting. I responded to these comments Sunday evening, giving details about my bike never working properly from a few weeks old and still waiting for it to be repaired. Seems to have disappeared. Just a question of why do the controllers keep failing. First one failed at 300 miles and it has been back to dealer many times
Fault is with your dealer not with Wisper initially as the dealer should have fixed it or sent it back to Wisper if it was faulty as many times as you say, why didn't you ask for a refund in 2017 when the problem was happening?

slowcoach

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
Bike arrived Tuesday morning. Many thanks, David. Much appreciated. Looking forward to an opportunity to test ride.

Advertisers