Tow bar mounted carrier

Wingreen

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
Anglesey
Just to add to the debate/discussion - I use an Exodus two bike carrier that fits onto the towbar (£60 from Halfords). I do, however, restrict its use to just carrying the one electric bike. Yes, the length of the bike is longer than the width of the car - but its not longer than the width of the car when the wing mirrors are taken into account. Works for me - very convenient and at a very reasonable cost.
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-racks/towbar-mounted-bike-racks/exodus-2-bike-towbar-mounted-cycle-carrier#

baldylox

Pedelecer
May 25, 2012
Hants/Wilts border
I'm surprised at the notion that it is illegal to mount a bike carrier onto a (swan neck) de- mountable tow bar as I mount my bike carrier onto a Witter detachable towbar on a Ford Kuga, completely rock solid no issues at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: Izzyekerslike

Lister

Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2016
Norfolk
No it is not, I was wrong!:)

The trailer is too big and will be limited to 50 mph,there is no pressure for me to buy it.
Now looking for best fat bike rack, and I really only need to carry one bike with 4" tyres.

Reactions: Twinkleten

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
No it is not, I was wrong!:)

The trailer is too big and will be limited to 50 mph,there is no pressure for me to buy it.
Now looking for best fat bike rack, and I really only need to carry one bike with 4" tyres.
The biggest problem with the trailer is that when you get to where you are going and take your bike off, what do you do with the trailer? If you want to leave it in a car park you take up 2 spaces , providing you can find 2 spaces that are one in front of the other . Then once parked you have the worry about someone stealing it and have you ever tried reversing a small bike trailer that you can't see either out of your back window or your wing mirrors. So in general and in my experience trailers a total PIA . Get the rack.

Lister

Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2016
Norfolk
Just this second spoke to The Roof Box company for advice re fixing and ordered a Buzz Rack Scorpion with wide wheel adaptors.
The trailer will go back to garage tomorrow.
All done:)thank you everyone for your help.

Reactions: D8ve

Related Articles

Advertisers