Traction problem with Big Bear

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
no, that the motor in the Bermuda. We also sell the motor in the hub kits.
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?bermuda
It's a 140mm diameter motor. The BPM is a 160mm motor.
You don't need to buy anything else.
Undo the freewheel from the rear Big Bear wheel, screw it on the new motor wheel, transfer tyre and innertube over to the new wheel, re-install the wheel then connect the 3-pin motor cable to the controller in place of the old motor cable.
No torque bars needed for rear? Can you tell me how much with VAT and delivery or do i need to ring Woosh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
No.
The torque on the SWX02 is about 10% less than on the Big Bear BPM.

that price includes VAT. If you want to proceed, just email support.
Great, i shall proceed with this. One more question. Does this SWX02 turn at the same speed as my BPM. Could i use the two motors together for off-road use. If yes, what else would i need apart from a switch?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
yes.

Not at the same time.

You would need to connect the wires to a three pole two throw rocker switch, something like this:

Great thanks. The switch is no problem, i have one. I would need a motor plug same as one on front. Can you supply?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Great thanks. The switch is no problem, i have one. I would need a motor plug same as one on front. Can you supply?

the rear SWX02 motor comes already fitted with its own 3-pin lead and quick disconnect connector like this:

If you want to quickly connect to your alternate motor, I would recommend you use anderson connectors instead of switches. They are far safer in providing high current and isolation than any compact switch.

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
the rear SWX02 motor comes already fitted with its own 3-pin lead and quick disconnect connector like this:

If you want to quickly connect to your alternate motor, I would recommend you use anderson connectors instead of switches. They are far safer in providing high current and isolation than any compact switch.
I don’t think it will be beneficial if i have to get off and change over connectors. If it’s not possible to run both motors at the same time then i may as well make the front BPM motor redundant.
Will Woosh be familiar with my requirements when i contact them? It seems the Bermuda had got a 27.5” wheel and Big Bear 26”

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Will Woosh be familiar with my requirements when i contact them? It seems the Bermuda had got a 27.5” wheel and Big Bear 26”
I will tell Andy about our conversation.
About the Bermuda, you are correct. We sell hub kits and carry a range of motor wheels in 26" rims besides 650B wheels. The SWX02 wheel is also on offer in a complete kit.
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?hubkits#swx02kit

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
I will tell Andy about our conversation.
About the Bermuda, you are correct. We sell hub kits and carry a range of motor wheels in 26" rims besides 650B wheels. The SWX02 wheel is also on offer in a complete kit.
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?hubkits#swx02kit
SEND button won’t work on the Contact webform.
So, i’ve sent email.

Last edited:

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
Great news. Woosh have got back to me with new info. Very happy now. I will be ordering a new wheel and motor tomorrow [emoji468][emoji41][emoji106]

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
I have got the option of having a new freewheel fitted. Is it a straightforward job to swap my existing one over. Are there any loose bearings in there that i will need to place into the new one? Thanks for info.

Wheel-E

Pedelecer
Jul 14, 2017
Brighton
I have got the option of having a new freewheel fitted. Is it a straightforward job to swap my existing one over. Are there any loose bearings in there that i will need to place into the new one?
No loose bearings, but you'll need a freewheel removal tool available for about 4 or 5 quid. It is a straight forward job. When choosing one, ensure the hole in the centre is big enough to go over the typically larger ebike rear axle.

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
No loose bearings, but you'll need a freewheel removal tool available for about 4 or 5 quid. It is a straight forward job. When choosing one, ensure the hole in the centre is big enough to go over the typically larger ebike rear axle.
Thank you for that info. I didn’t realise i had to use a special tool. That’s made my mind up.

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
They all tell me that i cannot use two motors at the same time. I have an idea. I fit a small battery and controller to my front rack. Connect it to my front BPM motor. Fit another throttle, one each side. And use it as a two wheel drive when needed in those muddy off road lanes and fields.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
As the motors are the same speed with a separate controller and battery you could if you wanted to connect to the same throttle and activate as one. Alternately for permanent two wheel drive connect them both to the same pas.

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
As the motors are the same speed with a separate controller and battery you could if you wanted to connect to the same throttle and activate as one. Alternately for permanent two wheel drive connect them both to the same pas.
I’ve been told cannot connect to the same for premanent two wheel drive? Maybe it would cause overheating and damage to the controller or battery?
Also, it would not then be road legal as it would be 500W. Is this right?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I’ve been told cannot connect to the same for premanent two wheel drive?
the motor's 3 phases have to be sync'ed to the position of their magnets. If you have two motors, there is no simple way to lock the position of the magnets on the front motor to the rear motor. That's why you have to use a specialized controller that has two motor cables.

http://www.szktdz.com/en/news_show.php?article_id=523

Advertisers