For Sale Trek Powerfly Sport 2019 400WH Bosch CX Pro Large

alexa

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 26, 2018
Selling my unused Trek powerfly, bought earlier in the year and I just don't use it that much compared to my other bikes unfortunately.

Specs are as follows:

- Large Trek Powerfly Sport Grey (it has been used, so it isn't in perfect condition, but no damage to the frame apart from some scratches)
- Deore drive train 10sp 42T (the switch to turn on the clutch has some damage but can still be turned on or off)
- Tektro brakes
- RSP dropper seat post
- Rockshox Judy air fork
- Halo front hub boost
- Bontrager rear hub boost
- Bontrager pro stem
- Lighter tioga handlebars
- 400wh battery (around 70 cycles at the moment)
- Bosch CX pro motor at just under 600 miles
- 2amp charger
- 2 keys

extras that are included:

- Full mudguard set (the front mudguard won't work without adapters)
- Extra set of conti tyres that are good for commuting
- Pannier rack with a folding lock that is silver rated
- Flat pedals

Looking for £1500 ovno

The bike is in London, can bet delivered locally, or at a cost depending on distance

Second 400wh battery is available at an extra £250, however this one is around 130 cycles

Changed my mind, not selling it on here anylonger. However, happy to continue the discussion. :)

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

alexa

Nov 26, 2018
:rolleyes:
I mean, it isnt an equivalent to the one I'm selling?

That is a second battery that is available for sale. Just to clarify for anyone wondering, I also have a second ebike that I daily commute on.

This is slightly better drivetrain than mine with an XT set up, and a 500wh battery:

Quite a rude aren't you? Have your grinch mode on?

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well you can get a same spec bike brand new with warranty and cheaper :rolleyes:

alexa

Nov 26, 2018
Which one?

You put a link to one that would be several spec below. So I assume you're not referring to that one?

And why are you such a miserable person?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well given the condition of ur bike and pics id value it at around 750/850 with no warranty simple as that :D

alexa

Nov 26, 2018
Okie dokie. You're either pretty bad at valuation, a troll, or just a mean person?

The market value seems to be on my side, here is a similare used bike to my bike for anyone else who is wondering if I'm selling it for to much:

I hope you cheer up for Christmas!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

alexa

Nov 26, 2018

sold prices m8 ;)

You're a troll and dumb.

The first went for nearly £1300, is worse spec, and proves that you can't value my bike.....

And the second is not a ebike....

Mate

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
:rolleyes:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
SW is pretty much right, if the bike has no warranty a buyer is taking a gamble if a fault occurs.

• Agree
Reactions: ebiker99

alexa

Nov 26, 2018
Thats true, but those are the consequences for buying used unfortunately.

Which is why its a lot cheaper than a new one spec wise. Its also cheaper than the one currently on sale on ebay that again isn't arguably as well speced. Then SW linked one trek powerfly sport that went for 1300, that was considerably worse spec. SW also linked the cube that is brand new but again is worse spec.

So I fail to see his point. The bike I'm selling is used, I think it is quite fairly priced compared to what is on sale currently on ebay and what has been previously sold.

He is also really rude which just sucks, not really the experience you would want from a community.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
SW is pragmatically looking at is as an experienced ebike owner amd the value is what he thinks it is worth in buyers world, no warranty and no idea of how the battery has been cared or looked after.
One well known retailer who warranties dongle Bosch bikes once only offered 60% of a brand new bikes value once the buyer realised it was wrong for him.
There are two forces at play a seller wanting top dollar and a buyer wanting values for money.
Personally an ebike is a gamble and costly with no warranty.
By the way love him or hate him he is no Troll and is very helpful and knowledgeable to Bosch owners.

• Agree

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Selling my unused

Trek powerfly, bought earlier in the year and I just don't use it that much compared to my other bikes unfortunately.

it has been used, so it isn't in perfect condition, but no damage to the frame apart from some scratches
battery (around 70 cycles at the moment)
Bosch CX pro motor at just under 600 miles
To be honest your add starts off with a complete contradiction as unused and 600 miles of use don't make for a good add sorry
Which is why SW jumped on your post in the first place at a guess

Telling us it's unused then going on to tell us that there's no damage to the frame as well apart from scratches
When to be fair scratches are damage
Make be a rethink to the add maybe in order to help with your sale

• Agree

alexa

Nov 26, 2018
Fair enough, he doesn't come off as an experienced bike owner.
His mannerism is very troll like. I would question his knowledge on bosch ebikes as he can't seem to tell the difference between the active line and performance cx line. He also seem to have comapred a full suspension trek non-ebike to mine. I'll excuse the fact he picked a womens powerfly sport as the other link he provided, but I would also argue that his valuation is off, he said under £1k but the one example he showed went for closer to what I'm asking.

I don't really understand what you mea. By warranties bosch dongle bikes?

• Disagree

alexa

Nov 26, 2018
To be honest your add starts off with a complete contradiction as unused and 600 miles of use don't make for a good add sorry
Which is why SW jumped on your post in the first place at a guess

Telling us it's unused then going on to tell us that there's no damage to the frame as well apart from scratches
When to be fair scratches are damage
Make be a rethink to the add maybe in order to help with your sale
Perhaps my wording is wrong, but the follow up to that is I don't ride it as much. I didn't mean to say the bike is a good condition, in fact I point out all the flaws of the bike.

For me, damage is structural, I don't consider scratches to impact the way it rides. But again, I'm not hiding the condition of the bike.

He didn't point that out. And sure I would have changed it had he said that.

I will definitely rethink my sale.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A Bosch bike without warranty will be costly when it develops an issue and they do, motors generally can be only exchanged via a dealer. If the electronics develop a fault then it will be of scrap value.

• Agree
Reactions: POLLY and ebiker99

alexa

Nov 26, 2018
A Bosch bike without warranty will be costly when it develops an issue and they do, motors generally can be only exchanged via a dealer. If the electronics develop a fault then it will be of scrap value.
Again, those are the terms of anything used that is "premium". It isn't always costly to fix stuff on a bosch bike, and it should be easier to find a dealer that you like with bosch since they have arguably the largest network of deales in the UK compared to other ebike motors.

Yes, only dealers can exchange motors.

If the electronics develop a fault the bikes aren't scrap as everything is replaceable by a dealer or serviced by a dealer. All bosch dealers are fully supported by bosch to fix any problems that the bike may have.

So then it wouldn't matter what the price I put it at, because it will always be too expensive to fix.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes there are dealers and finding one won't be a likely issue but they aren't going to fix it for free. We hear of bearing and grinding noise issues from the motor and how they need greasing and this and that need doing to help keep things water tight, how many people are going to faff about with that sought of regular routine, not many.
The dedicated riders on here do but the ordinary man or women on the street won't, they will buy new with 2 years piece of mind and a relationship with the dealer to keep them in good stead.

Dealers can't fix anything on the electrical side of a Bosch bike (barring a software update) or any other mid drive bike all they can do is put it through a diagnosis test and then refer it back to the manufacturer. Mechanical parts any one can repair but not ebikedrive system it's just an exchange part.
There is no way in the world I would ever buy a closed system used ebike and certainly not without any guarantee to cover potentially expensive repairs, I wouldn't even buy a new one. After two years Bosch wash their hands of any come back and leave the user high and dry out of pocket for a costly repair.