Trial expansion of 'Like' facility

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Hi, everyone,

I've been asked a number of times for a while now, whether it was possible to have additional methods of rating a post/thread other than just a "Like" button.

I've found a modification for the forum which does this and I've now installed it.

At the bottom of a post, you will now see a small rectangular box with a row of icons in it. You can click one of these to express how you feel about a post/topic.

It is not anonymous, so other members will be able to see what rating you have selected.

I would also ask that it is used responsibly.

The current set of choices are not set in stone, they are just the default options that came with the utility. If you'd like to see different ones, please reply to this thread with your ideas.

Finally, to participate you need to be a registered member. If you're not, please sign up here: http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/register/

Thanks
Russ

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Russel....sorry don't like the new system,it doesn't directly say who has clicked 'like'....for me,nothing wrong with the old system.
KudosDave
More scope though, I was able to award Russell a "Bad Spelling" for his:

"plase reply to this thread with your ideas". :) ;)
{Well spotted, deliberately put that in there to check someone was paying attention;-) }

Reactions: Alan Quay

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Just click on the word list that is also within the box.
Eddie,I realised that feature,but it requires another step to reveal who has clicked like or otherwise....if you scan down a long thread it is no longer quickly possible to determine who has registered,you have to click up each individual posting.
For me,it's not an improvement.
Maybe instead of explaining 'agree' it could have the members name readily alongside the tick.
A gentleman never points out another's bad spelling!
KudosDave

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
More scope though, I was able to award Russell a "Bad Spelling" for his:

"plase reply to this thread with your ideas". :) ;)
I can forgive the odd typo but I am getting annoyed at shortening Yamaha to yam, it's not as if a certain person is short of words in his continued waffle.

I must say I had missed the abc in the list, thanks for pointing it out.

Like the change over to the forum layout, we will soon adapt.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
It is a shame there is no "bad grammar" category :rolleyes:

Or "bad use of a word" which would enable me to go through old posts and give bad marks for every use of "donor bike" instead of "host bike", bloody Americans... grumble, grumble...

Reactions: flecc and Croxden

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
It is a shame there is no "bad grammar" category :rolleyes:

Or "bad use of a word" which would enable me to go through old posts and give bad marks for every use of "donor bike" instead of "host bike", bloody Americans... grumble, grumble...
Or even "use of bad word".

Shame it doesn't work with Tapatalk, my favoured method of forum access.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
These ratings to use against posts are superficial bo!!ox, they are also often hypocritical. People on all forums tend to use them with the poster in mind and not what they've said.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
These ratings to use against posts are superficial bo!!ox, they are also often hypocritical. People on all forums tend to use them with the poster in mind and not what they've said.
I hope that's not true, I sometimes rate content without even looking who posted, and always rate on content.

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
I hope that's not true, I sometimes rate content without even looking who posted, and always rate on content.
Well it does happen, especially with the derogatory ratings. I see it all the time, on here and on other forums.
People will give a bad rating on a post made by a poster they dont like, but if that same post was made by another, they wouldn't, or even rate it up.
In all forums there are posters that get on and those that dont..... post ratings are always used with that in mind.
Thats the hypocrisy in post ratings.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Personally, i dont like any sort of post ratings, they can be sometimes sycophantic or sometimes used purely out of spite.....
Forums i use like Digital Spy dont use them at all and get on perfectly well without them.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Personally, i dont like any sort of post ratings, they can be sometimes sycophantic or sometimes used purely out of spite.....
Forums i use like Digital Spy dont use them at all and get on perfectly well without them.
I do miss the ability to like a post on forums that don't have the facility, if someone has taken the trouble to post about say, their car rebuild, if you can click like then they at least know someone is reading and appreciates their effort.

• Agree
Reactions: Croxden and flecc

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
I do miss the ability to like a post on forums that don't have the facility, if someone has taken the trouble to post about say, their car rebuild, if you can click like then they at least know someone is reading and appreciates their effort.
I agree, used in a situation like that, post ratings are a good thing on a forum.
But it doesn't end there does it !

Advertisers