turning off Bosch battery

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
We've had a (2nd hand) Motus for a bit over a couple of years, and never explicitly turned the battery on or off.
I just noticed in the Intuvia manual it says to turn off the battery as well as the display:
With the on-board computer inserted, push the on/off button on the eBike battery (bicycle manufacturer-specific solutions are possible when there is no access to the battery on/off button; see the battery operating instructions)

Do others do this? Does it matter? If so, what difference will turning off the battery each time make?

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
We've had a (2nd hand) Motus for a bit over a couple of years, and never explicitly turned the battery on or off.
I just noticed in the Intuvia manual it says to turn off the battery as well as the display:
With the on-board computer inserted, push the on/off button on the eBike battery (bicycle manufacturer-specific solutions are possible when there is no access to the battery on/off button; see the battery operating instructions)

Do others do this? Does it matter? If so, what difference will turning off the battery each time make?
I’ve never heard of this and I’m now on my second Bosch powered bike (the first was 7 or 8 years ago)
I take the battery off the bike after every ride but when I’ve left the bike unattended the system turns itself off after a few minutes anyhow.
Both my present and previous Bosch battery's only have the one button and I only press it to see the charge status lights.

• Informative
Reactions: sjpt

Darren Hayward

Pedelecer
Mar 25, 2015
I've never done this. I do charge the battery off the bike but as its in daily use other battery maintenance procedures are non existent.

Darren

• Informative
Reactions: sjpt