Upgrade - From Haibike Bosch CX to Cheapo BBS01

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Sounds great. But how do you mean that top speed affects torque?

Sent from my eBike through Tapatalk

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The faster you try to pedal (rpm) the battery energy is turned in to speed so try lower setting in the speed % tab and set A limits high. You should feel more torque at a lower speed then higher speed when climbing.
All trial and error.

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Ok, I have now tried a little with this. First I had more pronounced setting but I now tuned down a little and tried one day with these ones. Feels great. I always say I'm finished with tuning but I always do more, but now it actually feels like I am finished :)

I use only three modes though, I will compromise with that. Don't like too many modes, or too many gears. So I have made three very usable ones, one Eco (1), one MTB (2), one Commuting (3).

Two things though. on highest assist (100% speed, 65% current). It is more eager to not attain max speed if there is slight uphill slope or head wind. It can be just under and then motor power is constantly high because it is not up to the max speed so it can lower current. But I increased a little to 65% so it is better now.

MTB mode can peak lots of power, it is very strong uphill, not fast, but it climbs like a mountain goat! I saw once a peak on 510W or something. But battery time is still ok so it is good.

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Pleased you are happier.
A lot of users seem to tweak existing parameters but don't realise you can have settings to cope with different terrain just a case of programming and using the assist levels as groups of settings and remembering them.

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
No I just named the PAS-levels modes to better coupe with the intended use now [emoji3]
There is three PAS-levels (or modes) only.

If I should use all five PAS-levels I could have something like you describe, maybe this:
1-Eco (as now)
2-MTB low
3-MTB high (as 2 now)
4-Road low (as 3 now)
5-Road high (100/100)

Not a bad idea actually. Might try that later sometime.
On the c963 you presently have set 3 modes, Eco (1), one MTB (2), one Commuting (3).

Have you in each mode 3 PAS levels?
Sent from my eBike through Tapatalk

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
I did a little cadence upgrade modification (swapped stator and rotor to faster winding) see other thread:
https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/bafang-bbs01-changing-rpm.34027/post-497116

This makes me feel this bike is actually very good now. Have almost 3500 km on it without too much problems (and it have been through alot). My fourth e-bike and it is by far the best I've tried. But then it also customized to be as good as possible :)

We have two of these. From beginning they were almost identical. But I have upgraded mine a little, the remaining stock parts is only the frame, rims, spokes, saddle & brakes (actually, they are very cheap but stunningly good).

_1000465-Edit.jpg

Reactions: peter.c

Related Articles

Advertisers