Upgrading a Carrera Vengance e-bike

Benny B

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 15, 2020
Hi There

I want to de-restrict and add a throttle to my Carrera Vengance e-bike, can anyone recommend the correct parts, instructions and a supplier please?

thanks

Ben
07754 078 161

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hi There

I want to de-restrict and add a throttle to my Carrera Vengance e-bike, can anyone recommend the correct parts, instructions and a supplier please?

thanks

Ben
07754 078 161
Do you fully understand the laws and restrictions for e-bikes where you live?
Andy

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You need a 15 amp sinewave controller from Elifebike. Com or Topbikekit.com. get the type that has block connectors, not the sealed waterproof ones. They both have options to select for the other stuff. You must select an LCD (recommend LCD3), a speed sensor and PAS sensor (not the 12 magnet one). Brakes and throttle are optional. Thumb throttles are best and easiest to fit. You will also need a motor extension cable.

You have to remove the controller from your battery receiver, leaving just the battery wires. It's up to you how and where you mount the controller. I prefer to put it in a tool bag under the saddle, where you can hide any excess wires and the connectors. You'll have to extend the battery wires with 14g silicone wire, possibly the PAS wire. You will then have to sort out the motor cable. Cut 6 inches off the end with the male connector(pins sticking out), Cut off your existing motor connector and solder the wires. Solder the other end of the cut cable to the controller's motor wires after cutting off the connectors.

The rest is straightforward.

Benny B

Jul 15, 2020
You need a 15 amp sinewave controller from Elifebike. Com or Topbikekit.com. get the type that has block connectors, not the sealed waterproof ones. They both have options to select for the other stuff. You must select an LCD (recommend LCD3), a speed sensor and PAS sensor (not the 12 magnet one). Brakes and throttle are optional. Thumb throttles are best and easiest to fit. You will also need a motor extension cable.

You have to remove the controller from your battery receiver, leaving just the battery wires. It's up to you how and where you mount the controller. I prefer to put it in a tool bag under the saddle, where you can hide any excess wires and the connectors. You'll have to extend the battery wires with 14g silicone wire, possibly the PAS wire. You will then have to sort out the motor cable. Cut 6 inches off the end with the male connector(pins sticking out), Cut off your existing motor connector and solder the wires. Solder the other end of the cut cable to the controller's motor wires after cutting off the connectors.

The rest is straightforward.
thanks for your help, much appreciated!

Benny B

Jul 15, 2020
Next question,
Do you understand what 'off-road'means?
yes. I will use the bike on the family farm, totally private land with woods etc. I am considering turning this into a permanent course so the kids and I could enjoy this part of the land

Benny B

Jul 15, 2020
yes. I will use the bike on the family farm, totally private land with woods etc. I am considering turning this into a permanent course so the kids and I could enjoy this part of the land
Do you have any ideas about my request?

Reactions: DiggyGun

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Buy the controller and peripherals from the China sites mentioned and miss out the UK middle men, some UK sellers mark the components by up to 150%. For instance just a £45 controller recently was about £110.

Benny B

Jul 15, 2020
Buy the controller and peripherals from the China sites mentioned and miss out the UK middle men, some UK sellers mark the components by up to 150%. For instance just a £45 controller recently was about £110.
Thanks for your advice, much appreciated!