Upgrading my salisbury

red24ing

Just Joined
Oct 19, 2009
Hi,
I have just brought a second hand powacycle salisbury. I am using it to commute to work about 6 miles each way. I am very happy with the bike but would like to put better brakes and front forks on it. Any suggestions on what brakes and forks to buy?

Abs_N

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2009
Upgrades

Hi,

I have had the salisbury for about 6 months now.

I have upgraded the front brakes to avid single digit 5s as recommended by Alex728 and changed the brake cable.
Before in the rain when I tried to brake they made a terribel screeching noise and hardly stopped the bike. I nearly crashed a couple of times :eek:
They have made a huge difference no more squeeling noise from the brakes and they stop the bike very well. The brakes are definately worth changing.

Avid Single Digit 5 2008 | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com

I also upgraded the pedals to cage pedals and this has helped when riding the bike in the rain.

I also changed the back tyre to a continental travel contact as I had a puncture and it took me ages to remove the back wheel. I would have changed it to a schwalbe marathon plus as recommended by users on the forum but I didn't have enough time to order.

Riding the bike now is so much better:D