Very squeaky back brake on Wisper 705

Brad Bayliss

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 16, 2020
I've got a couple of issues with brakes on a 905 and 705, both new. The 705 has rear squeaky and grunching noise on harder braking. The front brake of the 905 as the same grunching noise. I swapped over pads from 905 to 705 rear brake but the squeak remained. I've cleaned all 4 rotors with brake cleaning fluid and used a fine paper to take anything of surface of pads but the issue remains though the grunching noise is less. I tried also loosening the calipers and applying brake and re tightening to ensire they are correctly aligned. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

01wellsd

Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2020
Bristol
I think I may have the same problem as you.

New pads seem to cure it for about 100 miles or so, but then the noise comes back :(
David @ Wisper had been great at trying to fix the issue over the phone and on here, but I feel it may need to go in and be looked at now.

Brad Bayliss

Aug 16, 2020

New pads seem to cure it for about 100 miles or so, but then the noise comes back :(
David @ Wisper had been great at trying to fix the issue over the phone and on here, but I feel it may need to go in and be looked at now.
If they worked it maybe grime and they need a clean

pjcrosier

Sep 14, 2020

Same issue for me on my new 905 which has returned not long after having new discs and pads fitted. I couldn't describe it and then I found your YouTube videos which are what mine is doing. Not really something I know much about, but it makes me feel like something more fundamental is bent / out of alignment. Hopefully Wisper can figure it out!

Reactions: 01wellsd

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent

Please get in contact. We will resolve for you.

All the best, David

Reactions: 01wellsd

pjcrosier

Sep 14, 2020
Hi David, I've been in touch for a while - next step is to get the bike back to Wisper.

01wellsd

Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2020
Bristol
Please get in contact. We will resolve for you.

All the best, David
Thanks David,

I have been in contact with Claud who agreed have the bike back to diagnose.

The transport box I ordered arrived today, so I shall pack it up and let Claud know when it's ready for collection.

Cheers,

Dan

pjcrosier

Sep 14, 2020
Thanks David,

I have been in contact with Claud who agreed have the bike back to diagnose.

The transport box I ordered arrived today, so I shall pack it up and let Claud know when it's ready for collection.

Cheers,

Dan
Any clues which box to use? I bought the largest one I could and the 905 didn't fit (and to be honest looked like it wouldn't survive the journey without all the nice padding in the official box). For now I think I'm going to give up and stop thinking about it.

01wellsd

Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2020
Bristol

pjcrosier

Sep 14, 2020
Yes I just called the warehouse, we should have them in next week.

All the best, David
Any updates David?

Also I'm still waiting on a £70 credit after a couple of weeks. I chased a week ago but haven't heard anything about it since.

You (Wisper) also sent someone else's order to my house, twice, so I have what I assume is an expensive battery in a box and some other bits in an envelope. Someone did ring me a couple of weeks ago to ask about it but I haven't heard anything since.

I know I'm not having the worse issues in the world but having to chase things up all the time has soured me on the bike a bit.

pjcrosier

Sep 14, 2020
Hi PJ, if this has not been dealt with now, please email me directly david@wisperbikes.com

All the best, David
Hi David, emailed a couple of times but heard nothing from you. I did get a box, but it's just a box, so I'm not confident I can get the bike to you without it being damaged. Would really like to get the £70 credit sorted out!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hi David, emailed a couple of times but heard nothing from you. I did get a box, but it's just a box, so I'm not confident I can get the bike to you without it being damaged. Would really like to get the £70 credit sorted out!
It's very good to see David again being very active on the forum when it comes to dealing with his customers, always one of the few owners/vendors who a presence on the forum.
However I find it a bit discourteous that buyers/purchasers choose to use the open forum for the above when I think using the PM/conversations envelope would be better.

Reactions: Battenhall

Advertisers