Help! Virtual Private Networks VPNs

Albert12

Banned
Apr 29, 2020
Does anyone have experience of using VPNs? I want to be able to access iPlayer and other UK TV streaming services whilst abroad.

Any recommendations / experiences or tips would be most welcome. I anticipate that I will be accessing it via a broadband WiFi connection. Something that allows an iPad to connect / use a VPN would be useful too.

Thanks

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
I was hoping you'd get some answers to this as it's something I've been considering using but know nothing about.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester

Lucifer656

Banned
May 1, 2020
I used a free VPN two months ago, it slows down the browser a bit, but it's nothing. I stopped using it as soon as I found out it wasn't safe because all your personal data is stored in their logs. So I use VeePN . It clears your logs. This is a reliable VPN.

martx007

Pedelecer
Jul 25, 2008
Wigan, United Kingdom
Does anyone have experience of using VPNs? I want to be able to access iPlayer and other UK TV streaming services whilst abroad.

Any recommendations / experiences or tips would be most welcome. I anticipate that I will be accessing it via a broadband WiFi connection. Something that allows an iPad to connect / use a VPN would be useful too.

Thanks
I live abroad and was until last month using privatevpn. It worked most times with iplayer and channel 4 but I thought I would try another now. I got cyberghost with an extra free 6 months and so far more of the same except I can't get ITV or channel4 on it. Iplayer generally ok but i think with all of them it looks like they play cat and mouse with bbc etc. Once they notice an ip address is in multiple use they knock it off. You then disconnect vpn and reconnect and get another ip and that works until the same process happens again!
Hope that's of use

lectureral

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2007
Suva, Fiji
I use tunnelbear and Windscribe. BBC is blocked where I am so I have to use it regularly just to catch the news. Tunnelbear is v flexible - you can pick your target country. Windscribe is a bit trickier but seems faster and provides up to 10 GB per month free. I don't do streaming - torrents for me.

ClarencVelazquez

Just Joined
Feb 3, 2023
Hey there. An attempt to revive this thread. What about proxies? I heard it's a more secure option for stuff like that.

MadelynnJensen

Just Joined
Feb 3, 2023
Hi. Hope someone is still watching this thread. I want to make it helpful again. So, I used NordVPN in the past, but eventually, I replaced it with proxies. They've got a lot of servers, so you won't have to deal with slow speeds.

ClarencVelazquez

Just Joined
Feb 3, 2023
Hi. Hope someone is still watching this thread. I want to make it helpful again. So, I used NordVPN in the past, but eventually, I replaced it with proxies. They've got a lot of servers, so you won't have to deal with slow speeds.
Actually, most companies consider proxies to be the best option to secure their data. Here's more info about that https://soax.com/mobile-proxies . Just remember, when it comes to VPNs and proxies, do your research to make sure you're getting the best deal for your needs. Hope this helps.

ViykoWalet

Just Joined
Nov 2, 2022
Hey there! If you want to access UK TV streaming services abroad, you need to choose a VPN with servers in the UK. I've used VPNs to access geo-restricted content before, and they can definitely come in handy.

You can also buy uk vps (virtual private server) from ishosting and set up your own VPN on it. It can give you even more control over your connection and allow you to access other UK-only services.

Last edited:

Advertisers