Volt Metro / BH Emotion EasyGo Volt / Kuo+

Kelly P

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2016
Hi Kelly,

Not sure where you are looking but the motor is definitely 250w Bafang fun 8. Those wheels are just part of the display to hold the bike in place, they are not part of the bike.
Thank you! It's just on all websites I look it says 220w....

http://www.all-about-the-bike.co.uk/kudos-secret-electric-folding-bike---fully-assembled-6350-p.asp

http://www.e-bikesdirect.co.uk/Item/Brands/Kudos_Electric_Bikes/Kudos_Secret_Folding_Electric_Bike.aspx

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/electric-bikes/kudos-secret-folding-electric-bike

http://foldingbike.biz/Kudos-Secret-Folding-Bike-2015-Black

Is it the all black model you have - with black seat post and chain ring etc? Does it have a 15.5mph throttle?

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Kelly P...... If you're now looking at going over the max weight of these folders, like the Kudos Secret with its 90kg max weight, then maybe you should think again about the Woosh Galago ?
The Galago was your first choice after all.
As others have said, these max weights are only a problem if you excessively go over them. I cant see any prob going over by 10 or 15 kilos.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the Gallego has 16" wheels, the load bearing on the rear wheel is not as good as a 20" wheel.Going over the recommended max load risks breaking the rear spokes.
The Woosh Zephyr-CDN would have been good for KP but it's not in stock.

Reactions: Kelly P

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I am a little confused as it does say 220w everywhere else I look online? Do you know why? What kind of motor is it?

Are these little wheels on the back to help with moving it when folded?
Kelly,I spoke to one of my guys and the Secret is definitely 250 watts power,those little wheels are part of the show stands that hold the bikes vertical at bike shows....you can see the same on the mountain e-bike on the right of that photo.
By the way,I am the good looking guy on the left hand of the gang of 4 in that photo,hehe....
Whatever bike you ultimately choose I would recommend that 8 Ah capacity battery is really the minimum...because these bikes extend your range you inevitably end up using them for greater distances than you initially think.
Good luck with your choice.
KudosDave

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
That's good to know Dave - are you able to let me know Monday (or whenever is convenient) if it's a 220 or 250 motor?
What size battery do they have?
Am I able to do it through the cycle scheme through you or would I need to go yo a dealer?
250 watt motor,36v x 8Ah battery. I will get the website updated on Tuesday.
Regret we cannot sell through the cycle to work scheme....to be honest we think the charges that these cycle to work scheme companies make is a ripoff,usually 10% plus vat.
I see Tom at the LEBC has some input into this forum,I believe he can offer an alternative scheme.
KudosDave

Kelly P

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2016
Kelly,I spoke to one of my guys and the Secret is definitely 250 watts power,those little wheels are part of the show stands that hold the bikes vertical at bike shows....you can see the same on the mountain e-bike on the right of that photo.
By the way,I am the good looking guy on the left hand of the gang of 4 in that photo,hehe....
Whatever bike you ultimately choose I would recommend that 8 Ah capacity battery is really the minimum...because these bikes extend your range you inevitably end up using them for greater distances than you initially think.
Good luck with your choice.
KudosDave
That's brill! Thanks for confirming for me - my mind was boggled. Haha!

Last questions...
1. Do you still have stock of full throttle ones?
2. Are they all black now like in that pic I attached (i.e black seat post, chain ring etc) - as I prefer that
3. Do you know the folded dimensions?

(Edited to remove question about cycle scheme as you've answered it above)- thank you :)

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Hi,I will try to answer your questions.
1. Yes,all the current stock have full speed twist and go throttles,that is up to the cutoff speed of 15,5 mph.
2. Only black available,same as in the photo.
3. Regret I don't have the folded dimension,but you can see a photo on the website,it is really a bit bigger than the wheel diameter and about 250 mm depth
4. I think our postings may have crossed I cannot offer the cycle to work scheme but maybe LEBC can,please look at the postings above.
KudosDave

Kelly P

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2016
Thank you Dave and everyone for all your help.

The Secret is a really high contender now!!! I am gonna have a think Dave as your offer to try one and send it back for £10 if I am not 100% happy is good.

Jason P

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2014
Having just got my Secret I'm very impressed with it. It hauls my 15 and a bit stone across London very easily. Did 2 days without charging (so 40 miles) using a mix of power settings, and always pedalling - except for the last mile on one commute when my RH pedal parted company with the bike. I was grateful for the throttle then! Mine has a 56t chainwheel fitted so spins out at about 23mph, but requires a bit more effort starting off. The standard 52t would be perfect for a beginner I think, allowing a sensible cadence with max assist. Build wise it's very good - nice details with some quality components for the money, though the standard saddle was ditched for a posh Lidl one pdq...

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
I have a Juicybike folder for sale on classifieds section here. May be worth a look. Am open to sensible offers

gray