Want to limit my ebike to 250w

ebikeguy3000

Just Joined
Dec 29, 2023
Hello guys,

Is there a cable I can connect which can limit this controller to 250w. I want to be able to get the legal limit just in case.

The only problem is that I cant identify which wire I need to connect to where. I cannot identify the ebike controller model from the internet because it's so generic but I see from the worn out label that it has a 250w mode. Can anyone help here? Pictures are attached.

Attachments

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hello guys,

Is there a cable I can connect which can limit this controller to 250w. I want to be able to get the legal limit just in case.

The only problem is that I cant identify which wire I need to connect to where. I cannot identify the ebike controller model from the internet because it's so generic but I see from the worn out label that it has a 250w mode. Can anyone help here? Pictures are attached.
No point. It won't make your bike legal. The only ring you can do is get a controller with an LCD, where you can set a speed limit to 15 mph and set the motor to only go when you pedal. It still won't be legal, but you'd probably get away with it as long as your motor doesn't have markings.

ebikeguy3000

Just Joined
Dec 29, 2023
Ahh no thank you, I'm just trying to fly low so it doesn't need to be a 100% system with new controller and PAS but I will keep it in mind.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
There is no way your motor/bike can be legal, it is in law a moped /motor cycle. Restricting to 250w isn't possible because it is a 1kw rated motor.