What bike is this ?

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Saw this on a Facebook marketplace advert, looked tidy for £90 , possibly just needs replacement battery ?
Screenshot_20231013-075400.png
Unfortunately rim brakes

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
we sold one similar in 2012.
possibly just needs replacement battery ?
That's easy. Inside the battery case, there are 3 x 12V 10ah SLA connected in series.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter.Bridge

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Your not tempting me with a facepalm link not even with a razzel quality readers bike pic..

AS for the bike itself, no idea, but way too reminiscent of a Puch Maxi for my aesthetic liking.

if browsing ads i would move on down the list..

Even if used by a granny that saddle is way to shiny for that bike to look so clean for its apparent age??

Reactions: Peter.Bridge

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
2012 ! - its probably a bit antiquated technology - lead acid batteries ! suppose you could replace with Li battery but sounds like a lot of messing about
yes. it is. The motor is a direct drive, weighing about 8kgs on its own. It may look pretty on the picture but the wiring is a nightmare, the controller is placed in a space just above the bottom bracket. You have to remove all the plastic panels to reach it. Single speed, the thread on the freewheel is ancient, I doubt you can find replacement. The only good thing about it is it's perfect for flat roads. Most people would use only the throttle, they don't pedal so maintenance is pretty minimal. I still have some customers coming to my shop to get new brake blocks 10 years or more after they bought it.

Last edited:

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
haha - was thinking as a present for my mum (85) that lives in a very hilly bit of Yorkshire . She's safe (for now !)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Older style ebikes akin to Jap styling , Sakura & Powabyke spring to mind.