What Is The Main Purpose Of Pedelecs ?

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
As I previously posted, indoctrination doesn't work in a forum where 80% of members are in the second half of life with fully formed minds.

I do agree though that calling all Leavers racists is unacceptable. There must be at least one or two who aren't.
And one or two tories who aren't scum perhaps ?
I think last 4 or 5 posts have proved why thread should be closed and politics banned.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think last 4 or 5 posts have proved why thread should be closed and politics banned.
Where does it stop? Someone else has already added religion as unacceptable and some don't want any subject outside e-bikes.

Others even demand all posting outside of strictly legal 250 watt, 15.5 mph pedelecs be excluded.

Once they all finished the site would be dead, no-one interested in it.

D

Deleted member 22539

Most every forum i frequent has a strict policy of zero tolerance when it comes to Racist, Religious, and or Political posts.
I don’t wish to be shot down in flames but this is also the case for most of the forums I am a member of
All these 3 do is cause bad feelings and arguments amongst other things .

D

Deleted member 22539

Where does it stop? Someone else has already added religion as unacceptable and some don't want any subject outside e-bikes.

Others even demand all posting outside of strictly legal 250 watt, 15.5 mph pedelecs be excluded.

Once they all finished the site would be dead, no-one interested in it.
To be fair thou
If the site can’t be sustained by talking about Pedelecs (legal or not) and it’s main stream of traffic being political threads , mean there’s something seriously wrong with the concept of the forum as a whole in my opinion .

(Ducks behind a wall ready for abuse)

• Agree
Reactions: Fat Rat and Zlatan

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
To be fair thou
If the site can’t be sustained by talking about Pedelecs (legal or not) and it’s main stream of traffic being political threads , mean there’s something seriously wrong with the concept of the forum as a whole in my opinion .

(Ducks behind a wall ready for abuse)
That's not in question, but traffic volume is what sites depend on for income. The greater the volume, the greater the advertising income.

But I repeat, these would be censors know no limit, some even pushing hard for anything other than legal 250 watt 15.5 mph pedelec discussion to be banned.

Why ban at all to satisfy intolerant bigots? Hugely successful threads on such as Vaping and Brexit are clearly titled and in a separate forum not for e-bike subjects, so no-one is forced to look at them. What we are up against is the "everyone should be just like me and no-one else permitted" brigade, and as far as I'm concerned they can get stuffed.

D

Deleted member 4366

What we are up against is the "everyone should be just like me and no-one else permitted" brigade, and as far as I'm concerned they can get stuffed.
That's not it at all. It's about what's normal. All the other forums that I frequent would have discontinued the Brexit thread. It's not normal to have the longest threads nothing to do with the subject of the forum. It's not normal for the third most prolific poster on an ebike forum to only spout political indoctrination in his last 2000 posts, with no posts about ebikes at all. It's not normal to allow racist and personal slurs on a forum.

Nobody is trying to clamp down on free speech. There are plenty of forums specially for discussing Brexit. Nobody wants to clamp down on it. All we want is normality in our forum, or even a little bit not normal, but what we have is a lot not normal!

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Flecc you`re conveniently side-stepping the issue,

and i`ll tell you now, if these insults and personal abuse continue this will not end well, i would refer you lately to how similar behaviour has been dealt with on Twitter and Facebook.

This is an excellent ebike forum and those who contribute to it, including yourself, have a vast knowledge and experience of all things ebike,
also remember at the end of the day the site owner can be held responsible for the content within and with all the legal ramifications that follows.

this is 2018. abuse and intolerance to others is no longer tolerated, why should we have to endure it on a public forum?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Nobody is trying to clamp down on free speech. There are plenty of forums specially for discussing Brexit. Nobody wants to clamp down on it. All we want is normality in our forum, or even a little bit not normal, but what we have is a lot not normal!
Yes you are, you want your normal. You largely have that in all the e-biking forums in this web site, so I ask once again, why are you looking at the Charging Post threads you don't like?

That makes no sense.

There are subjects in here I don't like. I don't look at them.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
this is 2018. abuse and intolerance to others is no longer tolerated, why should we have to endure it on a public forum?
Because you choose to endure it.

Once again, the thread in question and many others not about e-biking are clearly titled and specifically not in an e-bike forum.

So don't look!

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Tell that to d8veh

It's not normal to allow racist and personal slurs on a forum.
I would say that online bullying isn't either.

I'm good at spotting the guys that are easily wound up. I can't resist it. I'm bad, but it's their fault for being suckers.
Bullying is bullying, however you try to disguise it.

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it's a molehill, TBH.
the brexit thread is only important to the combattants who post on it.
I admit I am one of them, am obsessed with brexit and I go on that thread several times a day because a) I like the subject and b) it's much smaller than MSM sites such as the BBC. Even the FT's thread has too many combattants.
I don't think that it makes a tiny bit of difference, nobody has said they changed camp because of what they read there, but I do believe that verbal abuses of any kind should be banned.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I guess you can't help being a waker!
A what?

Remembering back, it isn't the first time that you have used abusive language towards other forum members. Once a bully, always a bully.

so until something changes and all the narrow-minded wañkers have gone, which is probably never going to happen, I'll be taking another beak from it.

Last edited:

Advertisers