LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Now your just being stupid
The subjects of politics and religion I said

Or shall start I thread on racism next see how that goes
There’s boundaries you shouldn’t cross end of especially on public forums
Isn't the NI ebike situation about politics?

If you think stupid is offensive come and meet me in person
Aren’t you the one pushing freedom of speech or is that only when it suits you ??
Double standards spring to mind
Fortunately, you're free to say that here. :) The whole point, as I see it, is the freedom to read it or not. The choice is there for us all to enjoy. Or not, if offended by doing so. :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
How about we do
did it hurt your feelings bless
If you think stupid is offensive come and meet me in person
Aren’t you the one pushing freedom of speech or is that only when it suits you ??
Double standards spring to mind
It's only stupid to those who can't see that others have different views on the subjects to ban, as HelenJ has commented before.

It's precisely the suppression of discussion and criticism of religion that's enabled its evils that you refer to.

Free discussion of every subject is essential for a healthy society, that's my single standard.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There should now be an 'ignore forum' option showing just above where the Charging Post threads start:
http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/forums/the-charging-post.10/

To undo that, there should be a link at the bottom of the forum to show the ignored content. (Controlling this should also be possible from your profile page but I'm just looking into this now.)

Similarly there is an ignore thread option at the top of individual threads too, hopefully showing for all, e.g. http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/brexit-for-once-some-facts.24369/

Please let us know if you have any problems.
A query Helen.

If I choose to ignore The Charging Post by clicking Forum List so it's no longer listed, how could I unignore when I can't access it to see the unignore link?

HelenJ

Administrator
Staff member
May 19, 2011
A query Helen.

If I choose to ignore The Charging Post by clicking Forum List so it's no longer listed, how could I unignore when I can't access it to see the unignore link?
If you've ignored the whole forum the easiest way I can see to get that content back is to go to the main forum index page (http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/) scroll right down to the bottom of the central discussion panels and click this link:

upload_2018-5-29_13-27-3.png

• Useful
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Rate my post with offensive language really
What did I write that was so offensive to someone who wants open discussion no holes barred
"did it hurt your feelings bless"

This above was offensive since it was entirely unnecessary, as was this whole sequence of your posting on this subject.

There must be something seriously wrong if you are unable to ignore a forum you don't like.

Tell me something. Are you satisfied by the fact that you can now make The Charging Post disappear in various ways when you enter so only others see it?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Flecc stop trying to sidestep the real problem here (again), it`s not as you well know about any `subject` it`s about the conduct of certain members within that subject,

however you don`t seem to see decency and respect towards fellow members as being that important in this forum.

I`ll give you a personal example of how a major ebike forum in the US dealt with a snide remark directed at myself a while back, in fact i took it all with good humour but the site owner had a different view..,, this was their response..

"Jigs' attack and harassment of you is unfair, against forum rules, mean, and racist. I hated to see it, and have asked that he be banned. Not sure if that will happen, but I wanted to say I'm sorry; most people here are good people.

Please stick around."

D

Deleted member 22539

"did it hurt your feelings bless"

This above was offensive since it was entirely unnecessary, as was this whole sequence of your posting on this subject.

There must be something seriously wrong if you are unable to ignore a forum you don't like.

Tell me something. Are you satisfied by the fact that you can now make The Charging Post disappear in various ways when you enter so only others see it?
Thats offensive lol
You really are a timid person
Now if for example I had called you a **** that would be offensive
Also offensive words get blotted out don’t they
But the above quote , not in my book nowhere near

HelenJ

Administrator
Staff member
May 19, 2011
Thats offensive lol
You really are a timid person
Now if for example I had called you a **** that would be offensive
Also offensive words get blotted out don’t they
But the above quote , not in my book nowhere near
This is just antaganostic now. We have installed the ignore function, which I hoped you would find useful bearing in mind what you said about new posts. Please do not post just to insult.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Flecc stop trying to sidestep the real problem here (again), it`s not as you well know about any `subject` it`s about the conduct of certain members within that subject,

however you don`t seem to see decency and respect towards fellow members as being that important in this forum.
I can't sidestep a problem that doesn't exist for me! :D

Of course decency and respect towards fellow members is important, which is why that is what I've always practiced, and part of that decency and respect is not to try to censor what they are able to say or see.

As for your "certain members", I've already posted on the previous page how you can exclude all their posts when you enter this forum. Here's the link.

And HelenJ has added a facility to make the whole Charging Post forum disappear to you. Aren't these enough?

D

Deleted member 22539

Deleted member 22539 this is just antaganostic now. We have installed the ignore function, which I hoped you would find useful bearing in mind what you said about new posts. Please do not post just to insult.
Sorry
That’s not an insult in my opinion
If your not happy with my views or what I write ban me /remove my account
In fact do that anyway as the site isn’t for me
I Would appreciate this done ASAP

• Disagree

HelenJ

Administrator
Staff member
May 19, 2011
Sorry
That’s not an insult in my opinion
If your not happy with my views or what I write ban me /remove my account
In fact do that anyway as the site isn’t for me
I Would appreciate this done ASAP
I certainly hadn't mentioned anything about banning, it's something we rarely do. I just thought your reply was unnecessarily antagonistic/inflammatory. However if you would like to deregister I can certainly do that shortly.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Helen can you insert a separator line between the main menu and those two last items please? I have a "choose the last item in the menu" habit...

• Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Helen can you insert a separator line between the main menu and those two last items please? I have a "choose the last item in the menu" habit...
I hit the last items at first, but I've already adapted to hit the shortest item in the list.

• Agree
D

Deleted member 22539

I certainly hadn't mentioned anything about banning, it's something we rarely do. I just thought your reply was unnecessarily antagonistic/inflammatory. However if you would like to deregister I can certainly do that shortly.
I didn’t say you had said about banning / removing me this is my Desicion
Which I’m still waiting for by the way
I have private messaged you as well but it seems to be falling on deaf ears
So if you could deregister me asap this would be appreciated
Thank you

Advertisers